Chapter Four

Catarina's POV

After biology Wes and I have choir and I'm totally excited, I've been told before that I have an amazing singing voice. We walk into the choir room and I feel really small, there are kids everywhere and the ceiling is over forty feet above our heads. Wes sits down next to a guy with hair that's almost an Afro but not quite, he looks like a nice guy.

"Sup fruit.", Wes blusters happily.

"Fruit?", I ask curiously.

"It means fruitcake/gay Claire, Luke is gay.", Wes laughs.

"Fruitcake is kinda my nickname around here, Luscious is my real name but you can call me Luke.", Luke says awkwardly shaking my hand.

"Claire.", I smile broadly at him.

"So your the new girl, it's nice to have another girl to talk to the others only talk about either One Direction or Bring Me The Horizon.", Luke giggles.

The teacher Mr.Acolade walks in and sits in a chair at the front of the room, he clears his throat and starts making this odd sound. Everyone repeats it but me, partly because I'm curious and partly because it sounded so stupid I was dumbfounded.

"Is there something wrong miss Grundie?", Mr.Acolade asks bluntly.

"No sir it's just that at my old school in choir we did stuff like vocal fragues and open mouth humming, not...whatever that was.", I explain calmly looking him dead in the eyes.

"Then show us what you did at your old school, everyone follow her lead.", he smiles but it isn't a kind smile it's a, waiting for everyone to hate your ideas smile.

"Fine, alright everybody can you please stand up with your feet shoulder width apart, relax your jaw and shoulders don't slouch or sway ok.", I demand and everyone nods.

"Let's start with an open mouth hum, then ah-hee's, and last but not least sirens.", I say happily demonstrating each of them then having them repeat it back to me.

After about 15 minutes of them figuring it out they all smiled and clapped, Mr.Acolade silenced them and clapped in the silence.

"Congratulations miss Grundie, now if you'd be so kind as to sing and I'll see just how well these exorcises work for your singing.", he smirks looking triumphant, but jump right into singing my favorite song.

"You had me hooked again from the minute you sat down, the way you bite ya lip got my spinnin around, after a drink or two I was putty in your hands, I don't know if I have the strength to sta-and, oh-oh,

Trouble troublemaker yeah that's your middle name, oh-oh, I know your no good but your stuck in my brain,

And I wanna know, why does it feel so good but hurt so bad, woah-oh-oh-oh, my mind keeps sayin run as fast as you can,

I say I'm done but then you pull me back, woah-oh-oh, I swear your givin me a heart attack troublemaker.", I stop because everyone is looking at me in an awed silence.

Everyone starts clapping and yelling my name, it soon becomes a synchronized chant. Only two people are sitting down and staring at me in angry awe, Sally and Mr.Acolade. I bow and walk back to my seat, Wes hugs me tightly and grins down at me like the Cheshire Cat.

"You did really great, I didn't know you could sing that well.", he states curiously.

"I've been singing since I was 5 years old, it's kind of a hobby.", I laugh quietly.

Wes raises his hand and waits for the teacher to call on him.

"Yes, mister Stromberg.", Mr.Acolade sighs irritably.

"Sir is it ok if I sing as well?", he asks politely.

"Fine but your the last one.", he grumbles.

Wes gets up and walks to the front of the room.

"My best friend, brother, and I wrote this song together. Now part of it may sound inappropriate but it has a different meaning.", he laughs as Mr.Acolade raises an eyebrow up so high it disappears into his hairline.

"Let's take a trip to Sunset Boulevard in the city of stars, uh huh

The city of blinding lights and starry eyes

I said now welcome to the city of angels, whoa

City of angels, whoa

I said I love my women like I love my juice naked

All natural, no preservatives or fakeness

I like my ladies like I like my Brady's in bunches

I got the 6 pack I ain't talking about the crunches

Hit it till I quit it like Tyson's punches

That's how you gotta rock if you wanna run sh~

Sweat make it less fizzy

Buzz kill Betty got me dolly dolly dizzy

Lost in her eyes like oh my God where is she?

Down here in SoCal boy we gettin' busy in the city

We gettin' busy in the city-y-y.", he finishes off the song looking at me the entire time smiling as if the song was meant for me.

His voice is as rich and filling as a chocolate mousse shooter from Applebee's. Again everybody is silent and wide-eyed, it's like they have never heard him sing on his own before. He walks back to his seat and he puts my hand in his intertwining our fingers. It's only the first day and I already have him in my grasp. It's kind of sad actually, for the first time ever I don't want to scam someone outta their money.

The bell rings and I grab my bag heading towards the door hand in hand with Wes. Our next class is our second free period so we head off towards the gym, halfway there Wes turns down an unfamiliar hall and up a flight of stairs. We go through a empty classroom and into a closet, oh my God. Is he serious, and on my first day even. He closes the closet door and pushes some brooms out of his way revealing a small door.

"Come on I won't do anything to you.", whispers as he crawls through the small doorway.

I sigh and follow him, we make a few turns and it leads us into a catwalk above the cafeteria. We sit down and watch the people below us eat, mess around, and goof off like normal teenagers. I lean my head onto his shoulder and breathe in the smell of his Old Spice cologne. He wraps his arms around me and lays his head on top of mine. His warmth spreads over me and I feel like I am melting into his arms. We stay there like that until the bell rings signaling the end of our little world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so you guys have got to listen to the songs during this chapter, The songs are Sunset boulevard & Troublemaker.