9 - Her crew, or Han's?

“Letty” Mira walked into the vast garage of the warehouse. “Is it true?” she walked up to her friend who was currently fixing her American muscle car.

“Yes is true, I shot the guy, and it looks like I somehow knew him” Letty dropped the screw driver on the table next to her, resting her hands on the edge of the car supporting her weight in her arms. Mira moved closer to her and grasped one of her hands and squeezed it softly. “Are you ok with what happened?”

Letty smiled and chuckled softly, she then used the hand that Mira wasn’t grabbing and ruffled her best friend’s hair.  “It doesn’t matter, I can’t dwell on a past that I can’t even remember”

“But what about you Mira? We just attacked his crew” Letty asked.

Mira sighed “It’s not like I can go against Owen’s orders” it didn’t matter how much she wanted to check on Han to see if he was alright, it also didn’t matter that she wanted to embrace him and apologize for what her crew was doing, she would never be able to do so thanks to Shaw’s tight leash on her.

“He ordered me to never go back near them”

Letty frowned but said nothing while watching Mira head to the main room and just opted to following her. When she entered the room, she saw the rest of the crew going around the place doing as the boss ordered while the man himself just sat at the sofa with a laptop on the coffee table in front of him.

“Didn’t Mira walk in here just a second ago?” Letty looked around but couldn’t spot her. That is, until Owen raised his arm and pointed towards the corner of the room where there was an exotic looking forest green motorcycle. Just then, Mira’s head peered over the vehicle “You called me Letty?”

Letty just waved her hand dismissing her and just walked to the kitchen to get something to drink.

A ringtone suddenly broke through the room; Jah attended to it immediately and wasted no time on giving the cellphone to Owen. The entire room went in silence waiting for Shaw to answer, but instead he just listened quietly to the other line.

“Everyone, head to Firuz’s quarters, he’s got some visitors. It seems like Toretto’s crew managed to find our personal provider” Upon Shaw’s orders, everyone immediately reacted and hurried to retrieve guns and ammunition before sprinting to the cars.

Letty mentally cringed at the news. Firuz was the man from whom we got the custom engines and other car parts, without those, we wouldn’t have been able to outrun Toretto and O'Conner’s crew. So if they managed to find him, we needed to stop them from getting information on our equipment at all costs. If something went wrong, Shaw would be pissed, and when Shaw gets pissed, he takes it out on Mira. Letty loaded her weapons and with her mind set on stopping the enemy, she walked towards the car.

And heaven knows that Letty would move mountains to keep Mira safe, after all, family always comes first, and in her eyes the young motorcyclist was a sister to her.

“Mira” Owen called out.

“Yes” She replied meekly from the entrance where she was mounted to her motorcycle just about to put her helmet on.

“Keep a low profile”

“Ok”

------------------------------------------------------------

Mira sped through the traffic but made sure to stay far enough from the rest of the crew who would be the ones to charge head first against the supposed enemy. Once she arrived to the place where Firuz worked at, she parked away from the entrance and just decided to watch.