13

Lemme just clear up one little thing.
Rowan does NOT have any type of personality disorder. David suspected so, but he was wrong. Cool? Cool. Enjoy!

**

~Casper~

I was lying on the king-sized bed, trying to do my homework but failing spectacularly. I was more distracted by the 4k ultra-HD 65 inch Smart TV calling out to me, so I put on Netflix, sprawled out on my bed and ignored my work.

Mom would be proud.

The door opened and in came David and Sofie. She ran right in and jumped up on the bed as David closed the door.

"You look like you're freezing," I observed as he clapped at Sofie and told her not to get on the bed. She seemingly understood his call, jumping down and running over to her little brown plush bed which was shaped like a paw.

"She's so precious," I chuckled.

"Yeah, she gets all the guys." He took off his coat and I laughed. He realized that I wasn't doing my homework then squinted at me.

"Someone's not supposed to be watching TV," he sang as he walked to the closet, removing his shirt along the way. I had to tear my eyes away from the show to stare at his bare torso pathetically, cursing silently when he disappeared into the walk-in closet.

"Someone's supposed to be doing my homework for me," I sang back, pausing my show.

"Casper, you're incredibly smart. Homework cannot stand a chance against you."

I sighed, sitting up. "I know. I just don't think I can focus on it right now. Besides, it's not due until Friday."

I heard him shuffling around before he walked out, wearing a sweater and pants that matched mine. It made me smile and he lit up. "You're copying me," he claimed, pointing to my outfit and walking closer to me.

"That's fair." I tilted my head up as he leaned downward to kiss my lips. I held onto his hands, never wanting to let them go. When he pulled away, he sat down on the bed facing me.

"This is the last thing you wanna hear, but my father's gonna be stopping by tomorrow."

I grimaced in an instant. "He hates me."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he's gone before you get home from school. You won't even have to see him."

"What about Rowan? What's he gonna do?"

"I'll tell Rowan as well. If my dad poses a threat to him, I'll make sure he stays out of sight too. But I'm about to find out what exactly happened 8 years ago and I want my dad to give me his story to my face."

I gulped before nodding. "So he's staying over another night or..?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to ask. Admittedly, I've been avoiding him because I'm... scared. I'm scared to know the truth. Come with me. I need you to hear this too." He started to get up but I pulled him back.

"Before we do that, I have to ask... Who's baby Alex?"

David's face fell and he sank back into his position very slowly. "H-how did you hear about that?"

"Rowan. He didn't tell me the story, just the name, and that it's a sore topic for you."

"It is. I don't talk about it."

"But David-"

"No," he refused. "If there's anything I won't talk about, that's it."

I was silent for a moment, looking down at the bed. "Do you not trust me enough?"