Chapter 2

Liam hadn't thought this through. It had been an impulsive idea and definitely a bad one. Liam hadn't given a single thought to this part of the plan. If he had thought about it he would have realized that it wouldn't be easy to perform.

Theo had been hanging out with him outside the house for a week now. Liam wanted to give the impression of a growing relationship, he wanted Scott to start questioning why he was suddenly seeing Theo and Liam hanging out, talking and laughing like they were buddies. Of course, it came with the price of also lying to Mason and Corey about it, but, if he wanted to be believable everyone would have to think it was real.

But that wasn't the hard part of the plan. No, hanging out with Theo was fine, during the time he had stayed at his house they had become kind of friends and showing it in the open wasn't a problem. It was just acting like themselves, being friends like they were inside. The problem was the second part of the plan.

The pack already thought he and Theo were friends. They believed that and, although worried, they were mostly okay with it; they couldn't exactly stop Liam from being friends with him and, after having spent so much with each other in Liam's house, it was normal to talk and laugh together.

Now, making them believe they were dating was a whole new story. Liam didn't even know how or where to start the act, how was he supposed to act like he was in love with Theo? It wasn't easy, but Liam knew he had to start somewhere.

So, with a little push from Theo who was getting bored with the lack of action, he decided that he would start dropping hints and somehow showing some kind of affection towards Theo the next time the pack was together.

Currently, they were sitting in Theo's truck, outside Scott's house while Liam was trying to come to terms with what he was about to do.

"Hey, Liam, I know I've been saying that it's too late to go back with your decision," Theo sighed. "But it really isn't. You don't have to go forward with this."

"No," Liam shook his head. "I want to do it. Come on, it will be fun."

"You sure?" Theo raised an eyebrow.

"What happened to bad boy Theo? You're not supposed to be the one to talk me out of doing this."

"He went to hell," Theo deadpanned. "I'm trying to be the voice of your conscience, the one you seem to have lost."

"Let's just go," Liam opened the door, not wanting to risk changing his mind.

They got out of the car and stopped in front of the door, Liam was about to knock, but it opened before he had time to do it.

"I thought you were gonna stay in the car the whole night," Scott smiled and ruffled his hair, making him scoff. "Hello, Theo."

"Scott," he nodded.

Scott opened the door wider so they could get inside the house, Liam stepped in, feeling some kind of guilty feeling inside of him when Scott smiled at them and moved into the living room, telling them to follow him. Liam was about to do it when Theo grabbed his arm, preventing him from going far.

"If you want him to fall for the act, you can't be so tense," Theo whispered so that no one with supernatural hearing would be able to make out the words.

"I can't," Liam hissed. "What if they don't get the hints?"

"We have to make them obvious enough. Now," Theo moved his hands up to Liam's shoulders and squeezed them. "Relax!"

Theo took his hands off of his shoulders and Liam took a deep breath and sighed, a little cheeky smile making his way to his face right after.

"Let's make them believe us," he said.