⑥ Gardenia

Tomorrow is the day. We keep on practicing our skills for the competition. On every reassess, we keep practicing even though we're not hoping to win. We're having fun with it anyway.

Today, as usual, I'm going to meet Jungkook while waiting in the rain. God, it keeps raining since last week.

I meet Jungkook at canteen. He's sitting on a bench with his headphones on while looking at his phone screen. I sit next to him and placing my guitar right between us. Because you know, I don't want him to do such a weird flirty thing again.

He places his headphones hanging on his neck as soon as he realize that i'm sitting next to him.

"(y/n)-ah, what's that for?" he points my guitar.

"I'm joining the acoustic competition with my friends for tomorrow. Wanna come and watch me?"

"You play guitar?" he take my guitar and sets the chords.

"No. How about you? Can you play guitar?" I cross my arms.

"Well, a little. Then, why would you bring this if you can't play it?" he arches his eyebrows.

Oh my god, when will the rain stops and when will he stops doing that gaze? I just wanna go home peacefully without him bothering me.

"Because my friend wanted to borrow it. Anyway, I have a story to tell you. Do you mind if i..."

"Sure, no problem"

I told him everything about me fighting with my ex crush, Mingyu. I told him everything when Jungkook wasn't in the group before. At first Mingyu fought with Bambam. Then I scolded Mingyu in the group until Yugyeom, Myungho, and Bambam were trying so hard to stop me fighting with him.

"...and you know what? He blamed me. Even though I was trying to help Bambam and he just like 'you know nothing bitch. Back off'. It really pissed me off like how could a guy do such thing to woman like I-"

I stopped as I realized he's been playing with the guitar while listening to me. The slow melody and the sound of raindrops combining with the gaze that he give me while playing with the guitar - makes my heart flutters.

"Why did you stop? Just continue. I'm listening" he said.

I continue the story and I didn't realize my eyes and cheeks are wet in tears. As I finish the story, a warm hand touches my cheek and swipe away the tears. I turn to look at his cold stare. We make an eye contact, but I broke it.

"Oh look, the rain stops. Let's get going" I act like nothing happened.

I stand up and wipe my tears running down on my face. Jungkook stand up and pull my wrist until my face touches his chest. He hugged me holds my head with his right hand. Luckily, everybody got home so no one sees us. My heart beats faster than it used to be. But I've never been this comfortable before.

I push him slowly and carefully try not to blurt out any weird sound. All I did was holding my cheek that were red as a cherry, feeling hot as a fire.

"W-why did you do that?"

"I can't stand seeing you crying like that. It's rare for me to hug people but I feel like I sympathize with you so that's why I hugged you" he grabs both of my shoulder and smile. "Cheer up"

On my way home, I kept on thinking of him. Has he really been that soft? Hugging me, not wanting to see me crying, making a random melody with my guitar. Well, I never thought a jerk like him could be that soft. But still, I'm not going to fall for him.

The day has come.

Students are cheering for their classmates, teachers seated as judges, and all the decoration that make the event glamorous.