August 2016 -

This is the tumblr month timeline/archive that documents a month of where I was still struggling to comprehend a lot of my personal troubles in life. There was little bits and pieces of Bowie appreciation, as always. Haha. So I apologise for the lack of posts once again because of that. If I could change my past, I would.
~

1st Aug - It's funny but this morning I decided to listen to "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" and that's one of my ultimate Bowie jams. I just adore that song and how it balances with humour, the true melancholy reality of the lives of many famous people.

It makes me strangely happy for some reason, I don't know. I've always been a sucker for truth songs but anyway I was listening to it and suddenly, I started to cry.

Which was strange because I've never ever cried to that song. But it became one of my crying Bowie fits and those come whenever they please, it can be days, weeks, months, but there will always be a moment of where I weep deeply for that man.

Because that painful hole that cannot be filled. It hurts. I miss him a lot and I shall never forget him or the influence/great help he has been to not only my career but myself as a person.

I love that dork. I love him a whole lot.

"They burn you with their radiant smiles
Trap you with their beautiful eyes
They're broke and shamed or drunk or scared
But I hope they live forever...."
~

2nd Aug -

My Bowie badges came today! :D~

~

4th Aug - It's funny but I've been so preoccupied these past couple of days that I haven't really had the chance to dwell over the negative possibilities of tomorrow.

So I'm really calm right now but I know that in the morning, I'll be dead nervous. I think I might just listen to David on the way there, he'll calm me down.

I'm just worried. So damn worried. I want nothing more than to have nothing wrong with me but I know that won't be the case. I just hope that my drug abuse isn't a contributing factor and that it hasn't damaged me in some kind of way.

I just hope that god and whatever angels I have up there, are on my side and are watching over my silly soul.
~
After I realised I couldn't go to the doctors today, I was sitting in bed feeling extra shitty. So I decided to put David on (more specifically, the rutles dvd extras) and his speaking voice..every time, it's enough to calm me down. I was watching him and studying his face and I got so happy.

I just had those typical cliche thoughts of "god I love this dork so much, he was so talented and beautiful"
~

5th Aug - Also I went on Spotify for the first time in a million years and I was browsing through David Bowie's discography on there and I listened to some songs from his live albums and

o h m y g o d

I've never really bothered or been able to afford any of the live albums that have been released since his passing but jesus christ, his live recordings are life. I NEED THEM.

SOMEONE GIVE ME MONEY.
~

7th Aug - Lol so there was a short David Bowie music video special on the telly just then and I thought it would be like a two hour program because shit, he made a lot of influential videos.

They showed Space Oddity, The Jean Genie, Ashes to Ashes, Blue Jean, Let's Dance, China Girl, and then Heroes for emotional effect.

That has got to be the most peculiar arrangement I've ever seen. Like I'll agree with Ashes to Ashes because I fucking love that video and I know that his 80s stuff caused some controversy but really?!?!?!

Like I can't even. Nothing from Blackstar? Lodger? OUTSIDE?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU OLD FOLKS?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS SHIT. I'VE BEEN A FAN FOR NEARLY EIGHT MONTHS AND YOU SKIP "LIFE ON MARS?" WHAT THE HELL.
~

11th Aug -
Me: *shares poem of mine that I think is meh*
Someone: I just shed a tear. This is so good, YOU ARE AMAZINGLY TALENTED!!! wooooaaaahhhh!!!!
ME:

 This is so good, YOU ARE AMAZINGLY TALENTED!!! wooooaaaahhhh!!!!ME:

~

15th Aug -

Seriously eBay, can you stop tempting me with vinyl singles that I don't have

Seriously eBay, can you stop tempting me with vinyl singles that I don't have. I WAS JUST BROWSING, I HAVE NO MONEY.
Also, beep beep.
~

22nd Aug - Daily Announcement: I love David Bowie. That is all.
~

25th Aug - Remember when I went to that record fair and there was literally nobody there my age and every time I bought a Bowie vinyl, all the old adults began to praise me as "the girl with extremely good taste" like it was making them so happy.

There was one guy there and when I purchased the "Low" album, he sheepishly bowie/nerd-gasmed with a big grin on his face and said "yeah! you like him!" as he handed it over to me.

It was so damn heartfelt because these people didn't judge me for my age, they didn't care when I discovered him. They were just so insanely pleased that someone my age (the youth) was loving/carrying the legacy of somebody they grew up with and adored.

We need more old adults like this, especially on the Internet.