Chapter ¹

"I heard what you said.
I'm not a silly romantic you think.
I don't want the heavens
Or shooting stars.

I don't want gemstones or gold.
I have those things already.

I want... a steady hand. A kind soul.
I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.

I want to love, and be loved."
- Shana Abe
☁︎

"Raina!"

Life is truly a random dice.

"Raina wake up!"

One minute your wining, and the other you've completely lost.

"Raina, I'm not going to yell again! Get your lazy butt up already!"

But that's the fun in it. Right?

"That's it! I'm coming in!"

Like the voice states, the sound of my wooden bedroom door swinging open and my annoying fifteen year old little brother's dramatic sighs penetrate threw my now, small lit up bedroom walls.

My eye lids pounce with pain and shock, from the sudden burst of light. Oh how I hate mornings. And waking up in general.

"Raina! I mean it. I've got fifteen minutes till class and if I don't get there on time I'm going to lose my perfect attendance!" His newly deep voice shouts dramatically, as I hear his foots steps come closer to my bed.

I sigh, sitting up from my soft, warm, loving bed. Creaking my eyes open to meet his. The pretty ocean blue is burning with agitation, as his pink lips are pulled into a straight line, making his little chiseled cheek bones take stage.

I shoot him a smirk, then let myself fall back into my covers gracefully.

"Oh my God! I really hate you right now! Get up!" He yells, finally breaking, as he starts to pull me out of my bed by my ankles.

I laugh, as my body hits the cold, hard wood floors, making a loud thump. I turn over on my back, to face him better. He's so annoyed. It's fun. And I love it.

"Alright. Alright. I'm getting up golden boy. Wouldn't want you to miss your AP classes, now would we?" I laugh, jumping to my feet groggily, reaching my hand up to his head, messing up his ravine black hair that I'm sure he's toke so long to perfect.

He sighs irritatedly, running his hand threw his hair to fix it. "Ugh. Go get ready, I'll make sure Sam and Jason eat something. But by the time I'm done, you better be ready to go." He grunts, walking out of my room quickly and down the stairs.

I sigh, looking over my messy floors, messy bed, and over all, messy room. The bed is unmade, while my desk and wardrobe are covered in clothes. Eh, I'll clean it later.

Quickly, I grab some black jeans off the messy floor and a black, large hoodie, making my way to the little bathroom right by my door.

I squirt the minty toothpaste on my tooth brush and scrub away, making sure to invade each tooth nicely. After I rinse my mouth, and splash my face with the cold water, looking up to the mirror. My pale complexion, and grey eyes almost scare me every time I look into this mirror. And to top it off, my short, pitch black hair makes me look like some sort of unknown being.