Partially Joyful Reunion

"Good day Lord Elrond," I greeted, taking a step forward away from Thranduil and bowing my head in respect.

"Anastasia! It's good to see you my dear," Elrond smiled, enveloping me in a warm hug.

I was a bit surprised at first, but ended up returning the embrace, happy to see the elven lord once again. When Lord Elrond released me Thranduil immediately grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to his side, shooting a death glare at the lord of Rivendell. I glanced at Thranduil,  rolling my eyes in annoyance. Elrond did not seem to have taken offense as he simply let out a hearty laugh. Thranduil did not say a word but draped an arm over my shoulders. The sound of chirping birds was drowned out by Elrond's laughter. Phantom stood, watching in silent amusement.

"As much as I'm glad to be here, we did come for a reason-" I said.

"Are you two planning your wedding?" Elrond interrupted, causing my mouth to drop open in surprise for a moment.

"No, this is about Lauren, your former maid that came back to Mirkwood with us." I stated.

"What about her?" he questioned, looking serious now.

A familiar white crow with blue-green eyes landed on my shoulder. I stroked the feathers on its head with a small smile.

"Hello Winter," I greeted.

Looking away from the bird, I met Elrond's gaze with my own.

"She was planning something against Thranduil and I. Long story short, Winter here warned me about Lauren, who's real name is Celeste by the way, being a witch. I didn't believe her. Unfortunately, I was wrong."

"Wait, the bird warned you?" Elrond questioned.

I sighed and Samantha turned into her elven form.

"Yes, now we found these in her room," I said, handing him the vial and the letter.

"She was quite the nuisance. Unfortunately, she managed to escape directly after we found the letter and vial." Thranduil stated.

Elrond's eyebrows furrowed as he read the letter.

"That traitor," Elrond spat, " How did she manage to trick me for so many years?"

'Laur- Celeste did not seem evil at first, she managed to fool us all.' Phantom said, attempting to console the two angered royal elves.

"We never would have known if Winter hadn't warned us and my wolf had not broken into her room. It came as a shock. I truly thought she was my friend." I informed disdainfully.