Chapter 8

°3rd Person POV°

Amber used to have a normal life, a normal high school girls schedule. She used to get up, get ready for school, go to school, cry over school... At school, then go home. But now, everythings different. She does her normal routine every morning, but instead of going straight home after school, she goes to the Metaverse with the others, fights monsters, and sees Kamoshida half naked on a daily basis, and it's not a pretty sight. The phantom thieves had given her a code name, saying they were cautious about saying their real names because they didn't know what could happen with the palace. Her code name was huntress, Akira suggested it, since she didn't agree with the other nicknames Ryuji, Morgana, and Ann gave her.

Currently, she was walking up to their hideout with the rest of the phantom thieves. They were starting to get closer to the treasure, and there were harder shadows as they went up the castle. "Your sniper is really something Amber" Morgana said, popping out of Akira's bag, "It's been a huge help with all the shadows that's been showing up." Amber smiled, "I love it too, it's so badass."

"Hell Yea it is!" Ryuji said, butting into the conversation. "Your persona looks so awesome!" Ann nodded, agreeing with the troublemaker, "it really is something, though I still like mine way more." Amber chuckled, "of course you do. But I think Akira's power is so much cooler, being able to have multiple personas."

"We can't deny that" the cat said as they got to the roof. As normal, Akira opened the navigator app, and they got pulled into the Metaverse.

°In The Metaverse°

They were in front of Kamoshidas palace, ready to go to the safe room they left off on. Since they had to much people to sneak around with, four would be in the front line while the others would give support from the sides. Currently, the front line consisted of Amber, Ryuji, Ann, and Akira. Morgana followed them a little bit behind them.

They were exploring the tower of the castle, sneaking around and fighting shadows when they had to. At the moment, they were fighting a shadow that was resistant to almost every power they had. Though it had low health for as long they were attacking it. Amber and Ryuji had extremely low health also, and the shadow was attacking. The shadow used Agi, aiming it at Amber who was clutching her arm in pain. She had no time to dodge it as the flame went directly at her and hit her with full force. She fell to the ground, out cold.

The remaining thieves were horrified, this was the first time anyone had been knocked out by a shadow. Ann covered her mouth with her gloved hand, "Huntress!" Akira narrowed his eyes at the shadow, it was his turn to attack. He attacked with his strongest move, and the shadow was killed, going back into the floor.

Amber could barely get back up after the fight was over, her health wasn't any better than it was before. Ryuji immediately went to help her, putting his arm over her shoulder and helping her stand. "We gotta get to a safe room" he said, looking around.

Akira nodded, though it looked like he didn't like the situation very much. They all went to the nearest safe room and Ryuji put Amber down on the bench in there. They healed her using the medicine Akira got from the doctor, and Amber's wounds went away.

She stood up, nodding at the others, "I'm sorry about that, I'm good now. Lets go!" Ann nodded back, "really, you scared all of us..."

Morgana chuckled, "it seemed like Joker was the most worried." the said person was looking away shyly, scratching the back of his neck. Amber giggled slightly, "awww, were you worried about me Joker?" she teased.

Ryuji chuckled, bumping Amber slightly, "don't tease him huntress. All of us were worried about'cha." Ann sighed turning to Joker, "now that Amber is better, should we be heading out again Joker?" The black haired boy nodded, and they set out again.

~Time Skip~

They'd gotten closer to the treasure, the distortion of the whole palace growing stronger. Floors moving up or down and it seemed like everything had a purple tint to it. They went back to the real world, Joker thinking they made enough progress for today.

All of them were getting ready to leave, Morgana jumping into Akira's bag and Ryuji putting his bag over his shoulder. "So, are all of us meeting up again tomorrow?" Ann asked, looking at all of them. "Possibly, though I think we might need more medicine and items before we do anything, we don't want another situation like what happened before to happen again." Morgana said, popping into view over Akira's shoulder.

Ryuji nodded, scratching the back of his neck, "yea, I guess that makes sense. Anyway, I'ma hit the hay, night you guys!" The blonde haired boy waved at them before leaving through the roofs doors. Ann sighed, "I should get going too, don't forget to message me if you're going to the Metaverse! Night guys!" Ann left too, leaving Akira Amber and Morgana the only ones on the roof.

The black haired boy approached the girl, "you know..." The boy said to Amber, "I really was worried about you...." Amber blushed slightly at what he said, "Sorry for the trouble..." She was honestly surprised, she never expected him to say that. "Don't say that. You've never caused trouble for us. Trust me." Akira smiled and waved at her as he left.

As Akira left, Amber could hear the cat mercilessly teasing him about saying what he did.