Chapter 7

.

Taylor's POV

I take one last look in the mirror.

Knock Knock

I gulp. It's him.

When I open the door his face is priceless. His mouth is wide open eyes as big as the moon.

"I- um- wow, you look stunning." He hands me the flowers and walks me over to his car. He opens the passenger door. I slide in. The car is very clean and has an almost new smell.

"Did you just get this?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Nah, maybe a year or two ago. I just never take anyone on a ride with me."

He chose me?

"Well it's a honor to be in your car." We both crack up and he starts the ignition.

Ansel takes a winding beach road to our destination, no big green signs to tell us where we are. So I can't tell where we are.

After about an hour of driving, he pulls over to some cliffs. I look to see a nice blanket layed out. Ansel gets out and grabs a basket out of the trunk.

"Bon appetite!" He says cheerfully.

"Oh Ansel it's beautiful!"

"You really like it?"

"Gorgeous... Look at the sky."

The sky is a golden orange, not yet sunset. The golden hour. As I admire the sky, Ansel slips his arms around me from behind. His limbs around mine makes me warm, yet I shiver.

He takes my hand and guides me over and sets me down. Ansel takes a loaf of bread and a salad out of the basket. My mouth waters. The bread is from my favorite bakery, and the salad, from my favorite organic market. To top it off, a giant bag of Reese's!

"How did you know Ansel!?" I hug him tightly. Then recede quickly as my face blushes. He gives me a smirk.

We enjoy the light dinner and share the Reese's. Then, we stare at the stars, hand in hand, my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I judged you. I was an idiot. I just had heard so many negative things about you, I never gave any thought." I say apologizing.

"It's okay. You gave me a challenge. When I found out you didn't like me, it made me want you more. If you were one of those screaming fans, I wouldn't be here with you right now."

"Ansel that's, really sweet."

And then he leans in, slowly. I can't take the suspense. I slam my lips onto his and I can't think of anything else but us.