Chapter 13

Taylor's POV

I wake up in my bed, my parents by my side.

"Hey sweetie." My mom whispers. "How are you feeling?"

"Where's Ansel?" Is this first thing I manage to say.

My parents look at each other.

"Honey, you don't remember?" My dad asks.

"N-n-no?"

"He left for Paris. He asked you to come and you said no."

Then I remember.

"No. No no no no no..." He says. "Taylor Marshall you are coming with me."

"Ansel I can't. I have school. Orientation is in 3 weeks. You don't know how much I want to-"

"FINAL CALL!" The attendant snaps.

Then the tears start to flow for both of us. "I'm going to miss you so much!" I sob.

"I'll come back, it's only for three months. I love you." He chokes out.

Then he's dragged onto the plane.

"I love you too."

I must have fainted or something cause I can't remember how I got here.

I can't move. I can't think. My Ansel is gone.

Ansel's POV

I can't believe I got on that plane without her. I was so selfish to try and take her future away from her. I should have stayed.

Sitting on the top floor of the airplane with turbulence isn't helping the nauseous feeling in my stomach. I glance at the empty seat next to me. That was for Taylor. I put my head in my hands. Why does life have to be so hard?

"You okay?" The flight attendant comes with drinks.

No. "Yeah I'm fine." I mutter.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Wine." I might as well get myself drunk to forget about her. Forget? I don't want to forget. Just clear my mind.

She pours it into a cup and I take a sip. There's something about it, maybe it's the pressure, that burns my throat. It feels good, honestly.

After my fourth cup I'm starting feel that light feeling. I start laughing uncontrollably. Until I remember Taylor used to do that. Taylor. Gosh I love that girl so much.