Chapter 17

Taylor's POV

My eyes flutter open as Ansel lets a flood of sunlight shine in.

"Ugh, it's too early." I groan.

"Tay, it's 12."

"Oh."

He laughs and tosses the sheets off of me.

"Today I will be your tour guide of my hometown." He says.

"But I've been here for a year..."

"I can show you a few places you don't know about." He winks.

I fix myself up and throw on my favorite Lily Pulitzer dress. I have to stand out in the busy city.

Ansel's POV

We walk out of her apartment building and head for the Subway.

"Where to first?" She asks.

"Central Park."

The train ride takes only 10 minutes. We get out of the nasty underground and are struck with the sight of beautiful trees and flowers.

"Oh my gosh!" Taylor gasps. "I've never seen the park like this!" She runs around like a little child, her arms out as if she were an airplane. I notice in that moment why I fell in love with her, she's free. She isn't hooked on Hollywood, what's popular, what's not. She can be herself. She doesn't let society overtake her. That's what girls need. A sense of pride, no self doubt. It's what makes her lovable. She is my bird. My plane. My butterfly. Anything that can carry me away from the stress of the world.

Taylor, I've caught up with you.

.

.

Thank you all who've read this! I appreciate all the support! This was fun to write and I hope you all enjoyed it, even though it was a bit on the short side. I've decided to make a sequel! Ill make sure I update soon with the title so you all can read it.

~abbiesophiaa 💕😘