My Home Is Here With You - Pt. 1.

Norminah.

"Normani."

The twenty two year old flips her head around, but a little too wildly, and in turn, slaps her hand in front of her mouth to prevent anything from coming out.

"I'm so sorry." The doctor apologises as she rushes over to Normani with a silver mini bin, urging for her to take it, but Normani shakes her head and gives her a show of the other hand. "Good?" The curly haired woman asks as she pulls the bin back.

Normani nods as she swallows. "Yeah." She speaks as soon as she is able to answer. "I'm fine."

"Well then, I've got good news." The woman promises as she walks over to the corner of her office, and opens the fridge, retrieving a bottle of water. "It actually depends on how you take it, but the last time we spoke, you seemed pretty keen." She continues as she hands Normani a bottle of ice cold water.

"Thank you." Normani mumbles as she takes the bottle into her own grasp. "What is this now?" She asks, referring to whatever Doctor Kelly was talking about.

"Firstly, don't say you got that water here." The blonde instructs with an infectious smile as she takes a seat across from the dark skinned woman. "People are going to start saying I have favourites. And I do, because you're a favourite, but still..."

"Tori." Normani raises her eyebrows as she unscrews the cap of the bottle to take a sip.

"Fine. I'll stop beating around the bush then." Tori promises as she leans foward to look at Normani with eyes filled with excitement. "You're pregnant. Six weeks along."

Normani swallows the water a little too fast, and ends up muttering "bin" before she covers her mouth again.

Tori hurries to get the bin, and Normani accepts it gratefully, spitting out the water. "Thank you." She responds breathlessly.

"No problem." Tori takes it back and eyes Normani suspiciously as she puts it down on the floor. She makes a quick decision of sitting down next to Normani. She wasn't ready for this conversation. She did this all the time - it was her job, but she didn't expect to do it with Normani.

The same Normani who was here less than six months ago, holding an excited Cordell's hand while they did check ups to see if the two were fit to have children one day.

It was for the future. But it seems thar the future came a bit soon.

"Normani, you do realise that you're open to options like-"

"-oh, no." Normani cuts the woman off with a firm shake of her head. "I'm not thinking of aborting, or giving the baby up, I was just shocked Tori."

"Oh." Tori sighs happily as she puts a hand to her heart. "Normani, you had me worried for a second."

"You know more than anyone else that I'd like a baby." Normani frowns as she side eyes the woman. "What do you mean now?"

"You need to work on your facial expressions." Tori rolls her eyes, but her smile grew once again. "I never know how you're feeling. Happy. Sad. Don't know the difference. Plus, that poor baby will be scared."

"I'm going to be a mother." The reality hits Normani. "I'm going to be a mother." She repeats as she sits up. "A whole ass mother Tori."

"I'm happy for you." Tori smiles as she watches Normani handle the news.

"I'm happy for me too." Normani smiles as she rises to her feet. "I have to tell C." She announces as she grabs her black leather bag, ready to leave.