My Home Is Here With You - Pt. 4.

"I can't - I can't be here."

Normani rips herself out of Dinah's embrace, but Dinah, a former athlete, her reflexes are quicker than most as she grabs onto Normani's hand, stopping her mid turn. "What's - What's wrong? Is it him?"

"I just have to go." Normani tries removing herself from Dinah again, but the blondes grip is too strong.

"If you're going now, I'm going with you." Dinah says, her tone leaving no room for argument.

"Dinah."

"Normani." Normani may have had the upper hand the other night when they went to the beach, but Dinah didn't want her hiding any more things.

"Fine."

"Let's just tell my mom that we're going." Dinah says before relaxing her fingers into Normani's, and leading her through the throng of people. To be honest, Dinah didn't know where Leona was, but she wasn't about to reveal that to Normani. She needed the girl to trust her now more than ever.

The Poly breathed a sigh of relief as she saw her mother, but cursed under that same sigh as she saw that her mother was in the middle of an interview.

So she did what all kids did when their mothers were on the phone. She waved frantically, lifted her and Normani's joined hands, and pointed towards the large red highlighted "Exit" sign.

But as most mother who were on the phone, Leona didn't understand, and instead excitedly waved the pair over. Dinah grumbled under her breath before weaving her way through a group of people with a fake smile plastered on her mouth. "And this is my daughter, Dinah Jane. The 'D' to my 'L'." She introduces her daughter to the interviewer with a smile.

"Nice to meet you." The blonde haired woman smiles a bit too widely for Dinah's liking, but she entertains it with a smile of her own, anything to get out of there.

"And this is my newest model. Hopefully." Leona adds as she gestures towards the still shaken up Normani. Fortunately, Normani is good at hiding her facial expressions.

"Normani." Normani forces a smile.

"I saw you on the runway. You looked stunning by the way." The interviewer compliments the dark skinned woman, who blushes slightly.

"Thank you."

Dinah clears her throat and takes the reigns. "Uh, mom, we actually wanted to tell you that we're leaving a little early."

"Oh? You're not coming to the after party?" Leona frowns, and Dinah can't help but smile at the amount of personality her mother is showing tonight.

Maybe their heart to heart did work out.

"Nah. We have to be home early. Things..." Dinah trails off, hoping her mother would think of Lilly.

"Oh, no of course." Leona waves her hand, making Dinah breathe. "I'll see you two bright and early tomorrow."

"Yes." Dinah smiles as she nods at the interviewer. Normani follows behind Dinah, ducking her head down slightly in case she catches the eyes of a certain someone. She gasps as she sees that certain someone, flashing his adorable smile at another man.

Luckily Dinah senses the urgency of Normani's plea to leave, and pulls her through the exit door before she and her stress melt then and there. "Let's get you home."

----

Dinah's frown grows as she checks Normani's room, but doesn't find her there. She immediately turns around to check the bathroom, but Normani isn't there either.