New Dresses

Alice's nightgown: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pmowZZ2Dsvs/TzAmPBDiYeI/AAAAAAAAAHs/irnmGh83dw8/s1600/4021thumb2.jpg

Alice's dressing gown (imagine it full length): https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8c/cb/8e/8ccb8eac38f36faaba5d17ea399372bd--bath-robes-la-perla.jpg

Alice's POV

I woke up to see sunlight peaking through the curtains and hearing someone rummaging through my draws. "Elizabeth why are you rummaging through my draws?" I ask her as I sit up to look at her. She was still in her night gown, so probably only just woke up like I had.

"I had a dream last night" she states as I stand up stretching.

"Let me guess? About the day we meet Will" I state as I put on my black dressing gown.

"How did you know?" she asks.

"I had the same one and you're looking in the wrong draw" I tell her. I head over to her and open my book draw. I take out my prized books and open the secret compartment. "Now why did you want it?" I ask her as I dust it off.

"I wanted to wear it for the day, don't worry I won't let anyone see it" she assures me.

"I trust you with my life Elizabeth, turn around" I tell her. She does so and I put the necklace around her neck. She holds her hair up and I clip the necklace on. Just then there was a knock at the door and Weatherby was asking if we were awake & decent. Elizabeth puts her dressing robe on as I say "yes yes".

Weatherby Swann enters the room followed by three maids. I smile at Estelle who is Elizabeth's main maid, but also my friend. The other two maids just work around the house and help us get dressed. "Still in bed at this hour, it's a beautiful day" he states as Estelle opens the curtains. "I have a gift for you both" he explains waving the other two maids forward.

"Oh they're gorgeous" Elizabeth tells him as we inspect our new dresses. Hers is gold where mine is light blue. "May I inquire on the occasion?" she asks him.

"Does a father need an occasion to daunt upon his daughters?" he asks. I frown slightly from behind my screen. It's true he adopted me, but I've never seen him as my father more of an uncle. I told my maid not to do my corset to tight or I'd get her fired. So she did it tight enough for the dress to fit, but loose enough so that I can breath.

I had missed Elizabeth and her father's conversation. Only that it had to do with James' promotion and a butler took Weatherby away. Elizabeth and I came out from behind our screens at the same time. The maids did our hair and make-up. Placing a hat on Elizabeth's head and giving us each an identical fan.

"You look lovely Elizabeth" I tell her as the maids left.

"You looking absolutely breathtaking Alice" she tells me. I didn't believe her and look in the mirror to see she was right. "Come we must meet father" she states and I link arms with her. We head to the entrance hall to see Weatherby talking to Will.

"Will, it's so good to see you" Elizabeth and I say as we descend the stairs. "We had a dream about you last night" we tell him smiling.

"About me?" he asks.

" Elizabeth, is that entirely proper for you to c..." Weatherby tries to say.

"About the day we meet" I tell Will.

"Do you remember?" Elizabeth asks him.

"How could I forget Miss Swann?" he asks her in return.

"Will how many times do I have to ask you to call me Elizabeth?" she asks him.

"At least once more miss Swann as always" he tells her.

"See at least the boy has a sense of propriety" Weatherby states. "Now we really must be going" he adds looking at the clock. Elizabeth and I wished Will a good day before following her father to the carriage. As I enter it I could of sworn I hear Will call us by our first names.

A/N

Picture above of Alice's dress and picture on the external link of Elizabeth's dress.