Singing Love

I'm that girl that no seems to think twice about.

The normal girl walking down the hallway

My names Abby. I basically blend in with the crowd.

Yes I have friends and stuff. But to others I'm just some other person.

And Im fine with that.

But there's more to me that meets the eye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes creep open looking out into my room. My bag hangs on the lavender wall. Closing my eyes again it struck me. I have volleyball practice today at 8:30.Shooting up I scramble out of my bed. Yanking my phone from the charger I rub my face squinting at my phone. It says 7:08. I yawn and groan stretching my arms up and behind me. See I usually sleep in really late and have to scramble everyday to get ready.

Slugging to my mirror I weave my hands through my tangled hair. I yawn again recognizing my horrible morning breath. Doing my daily routine I brush my teeth and yank at my hair. It unusually looked darker than my normal golden hair. I begin to observe my ugliness as I say.

Light flecks sprinkle under my eyes and on my nose. Small bumps here and there. My skin is a light olive look. My somewhat normal eyes are blue with specks of brown and some green. Long eyelashes encircle my lids and waterline. Tugging away from inspecting my ugliness any further I start my quest of looking for a ponytail. Yanking open some drawers and rummaging around through them I finally found one. I bend over twisting my hair and wrap it around itself in to a messy bun, securing it with the tie. Rubbing my face again I scramble to the bathroom having to pee. Washing my hands and throwing some cold water on my face I feel refreshed.

Slumping over to my drawers I rummage through looking for shorts. Finding my black and white zebra printed ones I slip them on over my legs. Finding a random t shirt I put that on to.

Heading upstairs I hear my sister listening to her music on her iPhone. She is always on that thing. I swear she is addicted.

My sisters name is Jenna. She's 14 and I'm 16. Well she is the middle child actually. I have my baby sister Kaylie and she is 5.

Jenna has the golden hair like me. Big blue eyes like me. She is basically a mini me.

Kaylie has brown hair with streaks of dirty blonde, natural highlights. She has big brown eyes that make you melt. Her tiny hands and giggles are the sweetest thing ever. But I swear she gets away with everything because of her cuteness.

When I get downstairs Kaylie sits in her usual chair eating Lucky Charms and occasionally sipping her orange juice. My mom was making eggs and bacon. Yummmm

"Well your up early?"

I nod to my mom.

"Couldn't sleep. Finals are freaking me out."

She nods back.

Finals start on Monday and it's Saturday. I've bee studying for 3 weeks now and having volleyball practices and tournaments, plus church and shopping for summer. I never seem to get a break.

"Abby babby wanna finish my orange juice?"

She is adorable how she says it. Her small voice squeaks as she excitedly gets off her chair and peering over the counter reaching for her juice.

Before she spills it I grab it.

"Sure."

Taking a big swig and setting it back on the counter I heads towards the fridge. Opening the freezer I grab toaster strudel.

"Abby will you play dolls with me?"

I grab the toaster and the frozen treat placing it into the toaster.

"Go ask Jenna Kaylie."

She nods looking a little disappointed.

Waiting for the toaster I hum to a song.

"And it pleased The Lord. But you don't really care for music do you."

It's hallelujah. I love that song.

"See Abby I dont get why you don't try out for show choir or singing competitions. Your really good sweetie."

She always does this. As she babbles on about me dung more things I block her out waiting for my pastry. I grab a plate and set it by the toaster.

"Abby? Are even listening?"

I look at her and shrug.

The toaster dings scaring me. Turning around I grab it quickly placing. It not he plate and putting frosting on it.

"I'll try out."

I finally say.

"What?" My mom replies.

"I'll do an audition. No show choir though. I'll just do a solo."

She smiles in appreciation.

"Thanks sweetheart. Love you."

"I love you to."

Sighing she heads upstairs.

"Do you need anything washed. I'm doing the laundry."

I shake my head back and forth.

"I've heard there was secret code. That David played and it pleased The Lord. But you don't really care for music do you. It goes this the fourth the fifth, the minor fall the major lift. The baffled king composing hallelujah...x5. Your faith was wrong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing the roof. A beauty and moonlight overthrew you. She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your thrown, she cut your hair. And from your lips she drew the hallelujah...x5.."

I sang the song as if I was in the audition. Feeling coursing through me. Every note getting stronger an deeper. My eyes started to water. Luckily the song ended.

I turn to see my mom and both my sister sitting on the steps as I sang my heart out to my delicious pastry.

Moms eyes were watery. My sisters look baffled.

"That was...beautiful."

Her voice broke.

"I...um...thanks."

Her hand moved to her heart. My sisters still sat there tears brimming their eyes. My mo, stood walking over to me, arms outspread. A tear slipped from her eye. Jenna and Kaylie followed her and we all hugged. Tears streaming down all our faces.

"We will be fine. It's ok girls. Abby, dad would of loved that. He loved that song himself."

Her voice broke again after my name. Squeezing my arms she wipes her eyes grabbing. My plate to throw it away.

"I miss daddy."

Kaylie had watery eyes. Her nose was red and her eyes kinda swollen.

"We all do."