Grant

"Ew mom why would I pick that?"

I sat there and complained as my mom walked through the aisles of Hollister picking stuff up. I finally got her to take me to the mall.

I walk away from her and look for stuff myself in the dark lite store.

Picking up a navy blue dress with pink little flowers scattering it, I look for the right size. I'm a small at Hollister with my thin frame. Finding a small I lay in on my arm. I walk away from the poorly folded clothes to the clothes hanging up. I search through some, taking glances at some ones that were pretty cute.

I didn't find anything so I head to the dressing rooms. Knowing Hollister I had to wait. I was waiting behind this cute boy, not trying to stare, and dropped the dress. My face immediately went bright tomato red and my palms got clammy. I picked it up and looked up at the boy, he was grinning like an idiot.

"Hi" he said. His voice was a sweet deep, playful, and young still.

I smile, my face still bright red. I stuttered to say hi back.

"H..hi"

He smiled even more. I became redder, it felt like I was on fire. My hands got sweaty and I tried to air them out by wiping them on my yoga capris and waving them back and forth.

"My names Grant. And by the way, that dress would look really good on you."

Can I die yet?

"My names Abby and thanks."

I smile myself giggling like a freakin idiot inside. Like I was fangirling.

He smiles back and looks at the doors at it opens. He looks back at me and nods heading to the now open door for trying on clothes.

I let put a huge breath that I didn't know I was holding. I feel my self cool off.

Remember he's just a boy. A really really cute boy. But he will never notice me again, he was just being nice. Plus he would only want to be my friend, I don't need to get all embarrassed and stuff, he's just a boy. I tell myself this over and over again.

A door soon opens and I scramble to it and try on the dress.

I'm flattening it out and then I look up at the mirror.

It was beautiful. I love it. I want it. He was right.

I smile to myself, grinning from ear to ear. I turn and accidentally kick my shoe out into the waiting area. Like how the fuck did I do that? I'm so clumsy and stupid. I open the door peeking out and walk over the shoe. The door opens and I turn around to see Grant.

"Told you" he says with a big smile.

I smile.

"I love this dress. Just wait till I see the price tag."

We both laugh a little at this. I look at the bottom of the dress were the tag hangs. It was $43.00. Holy shit. My eyes went wide.

"It's $43.00... Of course."

He laughs.

"Let me?"

I was confused at what he meant by this.

"Huh?"

He smiles.

"Let me pay for you? I didn't like the shirt I got and I wanna buy something."

I wave my hand in a no.

"I can help you find a shirt though if you want?"

"Sure, thanks"