Chapter 3

A/N - I would like to dedicate this chapter to Emeroolo, she made an amazing cover for me but I had already picked this wonderful cover by Forgetful_Me.

Also if you could comment, vote or fan me that would be great. (Only if you like my story,obviously)

Happy Reading!

Chapter 3

I woke up to the door knocking softly, I'm a light sleeper. I slowly got out of the comfortable bed and checked the bedside alarm clock. Six-fifteen am. Whoever this is, is dead, I thought.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the door.

"Now, now, Brooke, watch the attitude," Mrs King was standing there, fully dressed. She walked into my room and put her over-sized bag on my bed.

I immediatley straightened up but felt like dropping to the ground again. I was so tired and I was wearing the pyjamas that was left in the room for me, which were skimpy and nearly transparent. I only wore them because I wasn't bothered to go get my suitcases after my shower last night.

I stood staring at Mrs King, who was looking me up and down now. I felt like a doll, she was circling around me and touching my hair and finally she closed the door before she started to speak.

"Hmm, have you ever thought about modelling?" She asked, interested.

"Ehh....No!" I retorted.

"Woah, there. It was just a question." She mocked, laughing. I started to relax a little and let my shoulders slouch.

"No," Mrs King snapped as she made me stand up straight again, butt in, chest out. I could've growled.

"What do you want?" I asked impatiently.

"Now, Brooke. We talked about this earlier. Attitude." She warned.

"Sorry," I muttered before plastering a huge fake smile on my face and said, "Whatever do you want, Mrs King?"

"Oh, nothing, dear. Just came to make sure you were settling in okay." She smiled back.

I let my smile go and glared at her, was she joking? She laughed at me and picked up her bag as she left the room the muttered something about breakfast at seven. Great, quality time with Mrs King. Just what I needed.

----------------------------

After my shower, I put on a pretty beige jumper and light blue jeans, that I found in the wardrobe (I still hadn't gotten my suitcases yet.) the outfit went well with my light blonde hair and tanned skintone. In one of the drawers I found a hair straighteners. I could've screamed with delight. I also found a whole load of beauty products, make up and jewellery.

Back home, I only had a plastic bracelet and mascara because I couldn't afford anything else. So, when I found all the make up, I barely knew what to do with some of it. I just ended up putting on some eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. I checked myself in the full length mirror before I left the room.

I found the breakfast hall easily, I remembered where it was from Harold's tour. I walked in and immediatley could smell food and I suddenly realised how hungry I was. There was a table in the middle of the hall. It was the only one set. It was set for four people.

I took a seat with my back facing the door. I didn't hear footsteps because I was too interested in trying to figure out what we would be having.

"Hey," It was the boy, Jason. He took the seat next to me.

"Hey," I replied casually. Even though he was quite handsome and my age and charming I just don't think he is my type. He then sat down beside me.

"Brooke, right?" He knew my name!

"Yeah. Jason?" I asked

"Yup, so what do you think of the place?" He asked, motioning around him.

"Fancy," I simply replied. He started laughing and I looked at him oddly, because it wasn't a joke.

"You should see our villa, then!" He was still recovering from the 'joke'.

But he said our. Is he Mrs King's son? Mrs King isn't even married! I know her name is Mrs and everything but thats just a trademark. I doubt its even her real name.

I sighed and sat back into the seat just as Mrs King came in and snapped at me to sit up straight. She sat down across from me. A slight woman, quickly followed behind her, she was wearing expensive furs and jewellery. She sat down across from Jason.

"Hello again, Miss Meyer. Are you in a better mood now? Because we need to talk business." Mrs King asked politely.

"Yes, Mrs King." I replied (not sarcastically because unfortunatley I have a job.)

"Good, now," She began, "You probably know by now that you are my personal assitant up until the end of Summer. Is that correct?"

"I guess so..." I said trying to count how many months I would have to spend here. Its only May now so I will be here for another four months.

"You will be filling in for Miriam, who is demanding a break," She nodded to the slight woman sitting beside her, "So you will be back for school in September. Okay?"

"Yes but what does the job include?" I asked.

"Everything," she laughed, "from helping me design to fetching me snacks and making sure I give the right people the right things. And making phone calls."

I gaped at her. I hope she realised I was only one person and only fifteen. I suddenly knew why Miriam demanded a break. And I don't blame her except if she didn't I wouldn't be here! Curse you, Miriam!

"Okay, lets eat!" Mrs King said and thats when a load of waitors and waitresses rushed out and put plates and plates of food on front of us.

"Dig in!" Jason said when they were gone.

I helped myself to fruit salad, some yogurt, porridge and then sausages , eggs and rashers. I was just finishing up when I noticed Jason staring at me. I felt like a pig and put down my head.

"For a girl your size, you sure eat a lot!" he said then returned to his own food. I'm nearly certain, if my ears are good, that he also said, under his breath, "I'm glad you dont worry about what you eat like some of the models I know. . ."

Was that a compliment? From a possible son of the world's most famous fashion designer?