Chapter 2

a/n - I'm looking for some constructive critisim and I'm sorry that my chapters are so short! I would also like to thank SophiaMoon for the amazing cover!

Chapter 2

The man in the suit led me upstairs. He told me is name was Harold. It suited his accent! The house was very modern and clean. Harold was giving me a tour now. Ugh.... I just want to have a shower!

"This is the maid's corridor. They like their privacy so try not to go down there often. Oh, and here is the breakfast room!" Harold was pointing out but we didn't stop at the maid's corridor, maybe I wasn't a maid!

"Emm... Mr Harold?" I asked, trying to sound polite, "Where is my room?"

"Oh yes, dear. Its right here!" His posh accent took on a bit of a sing song tune. He pointed to a room on the left corridor. It had my name on the door in big gold letters. Miss Meyer.

"Thank you," I said, as Harold opened the door for me. I couldn't help think back to when the taxi driver opened the door for me. I shuddered thinking about falling out of a car again.

"Is it too cold, Miss? Would you like me to turn up the heating?"

"No, I'm fine thanks."

The room was amazing. There was a four-poster bed and around twelve pillows and cushions on top, a huge window overlooking a breath-taking countryside and a private bathroom. This was twice the size of my old room, and I had to share that! My mouth was wide open as I looked around.

"If you need anything else, food, more blankets, anything, just call. Now, I'll be off." Harold said before turning to leave.

"Wait," I called, "What exactly am I working as?" I asked, sheepishly.

He laughed and replied, "Mrs King's personal assitant."

Then he shut the door. I was alone in this big room. By myself. I didn't even know where I was! Mrs King usually lived in Los Angeles but she was constantly moving from beach houses to villas to country houses. Don't all rich people? Plus she was a fashion designer, a new view equals new inspiration, I guessed.

I sat down on the edge of the bed. That's when I remembered that I had forgotten to bring my suitcases up with me. Damn it! I got up, ready to go downstairs when I seen the door to the bathroom and I couldn't help but have a look in. Sure, it was mine now!

I walked in and was taken back. Who knew a bathroom could be this fancy and white? Obviously, Mrs King did. My old bathroom was shared between five people. It was a box, litteraly! It had a sink, toliet and the smallest shower ever. But this bathroom was a room, it had a jacuzzi bath, a power shower with a seat in it, a huge mirror and sink and obviously a toilet too. There was towels and bottles of shampoos,conditioners and bodywash under the sink in a press. There was also lots of lotions and creams, that I had no idea about.

I was thinking about having a shower, so I wouldn't have to go downstairs dirty but I didn't have any clean clothes up here. So I walked back out of my bathroom and spotted a wardrobe in my room. A built-in wardrobe, for me and only me! When I was at home, I had to share with my sister, not that I had much to put in to it anyway. I sighed, but went over to check the size anyway.

I opened it up. It was huge and the best thing was, it was full of clothes, my size! There were dressing gowns, jeans, dresses and t-shirts. They were all designer too. I didn't even need my suitcase now! I laughed happily as I grabbed a towel and some shampoo and bodywash and went to have a shower. I'm quite looking forward to this Summer now.