Chapter five

Linda stood up from beside the little fire in the dark getting everyone's attention.

"Where are you going?" Wayne asked her. She look at him pulling in her lips.

"See if I can get my luggage out." Linda replied and go to the jet but Tom immediately jumped up and ran to her to stop her.

"Don't go there. Trust me." Wayne said serious. Linda look at the children then back at him.

"Why not?" She asked frustrated.

"It's Cynthia." He replied honestly. Her eyes stretch wide open in regret.

"I'm so sorry." She apologised placing her hands on her mouth. "I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't know." Wayne reacted towards this filled with anger and jealousy. "You were in a tree for heaven's sake."

"I didn't ask to end up there." Linda responded pissed off by his behaviour.

"Well nobody did princess! We're stuck here forever!" Wayne shout and stood up straight. "And for what? Nothing!"

"Would you just shut the hell up! Everybody is stuck here, not just you!" Linda shouted back at him for fairness.

"Could you both just stop?" Lisa interrupted them in exasperation to let them stop arguing.

"Listen, we're not gonna argue about this now okay. We're gonna move ahead tomorrow morning first thing for the day." Tom said looking from the rest of the faces to Linda that just stood there looking down at the ground. "Are you okay with that?"

"Me?" Linda asked looking up at him in confusion. "Of course I'm okay with that."

"Are you sure?" Tom raised an eyebrow wanting to make sure that's her response. "Are you going to be able to take the extra mile?"

Linda look at Wayne then back at Tom nodding her head.

"I'm not dying Tom. Of course I can take it." Linda replied and pick up a stick. She stood up straight and break it in a half saying, "I can do anything, remember?"

"Of course." Tom replied and watch her throw the sticks in the fire.