Chapter nine

The fire is burning bright with all the bodies around the fire.

Wayne give Linda a vicious look and stood up moving in next to her.

"When all is asleep I expect to see you alone. Understood?"

She look at him then back infront of her not knowing what this is about.

"What for?" She asked with all right.

"I think you know for what." He said placing his hand on her knee.

"No." She replied on her proudest.

"What's that?" He asked angrily looking at her.

"I said no." She made clear to him.

He goes on his knees infront of her ribbing her legs open moving closer to her.

"Never say no to me." He said like a boss.

She glare at him moving closer.

"You're messing with the wrong women Wayne." Linda warned him.

"Don't threaten me women. I'll do it."

"Then show me. Since you're being so smart and...strong. Just show me how." Linda dared him.

He raise his hand in the air about to target her face. When Tom saw this he jumped up and grab Wayne from behind throwing him to the ground.

Linda and the girls jump up from their seat going to each other standing back watching Wayne jump up challenging Tom.

"Wayne, don't do this." Linda warned him.

"Rather this or that." Wayne said to Linda looking back at Tom.

"What?" Tom asked curiously also making ready for a fight.

"A piece of that flesh." Wayne replied showing to Linda.

Tom pushed him away planting a fist in his face.

Wayne grab his lip making ready for another try.

He let go of his arm making it straight letting his fist hit Tom on the lip.

Tom's lip was cut and bleeding a bit.

"You stay away from my family." Tom warned and go for another hit in the face.

Wayne accidentally fell back by tripping over a rock rolling down a little. He stop by hitting into a tree.

"Wayne?"

He's not moving at all.

"Wait here." Tom told them and went down to Wayne. He go down to him grabbing his mouth.

Wayne had role into a sharp piece of wood that went right through him.

***
"Does it hurt?" Lillian asked Tom while cleaning his lip.

"No." He replied to her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm doing alright." She lied and sat back giving him an odd look. "How about you? Are you okay?"

"Should I complain?" He asked.

She gave a little giggle shaking her head.

"I just want this to be over. I hate being stuck here." Linda said looking down giving a little caugh. And yet again, that involves blood.

"Linda are you sure you're okay?"

"Of course." She lied and stood up. "Excuse me please."

She walk to the river taking a deep breath in letting it go again. She take off her shoes and climb unto a rock reaching for a higher rock.

She close her eyes stepping forward making herself ready to fall into a sharp piece of wood that sticked out of the water.

"Goodbye Linda."

"No! Linda!" Tom shout and ran up to her when he was just about to come down to see what she's doing.

He runs on his fastest climbing on he first rock she climbed upon. He grab her around the waist and pull her away just when she was about to let go.

"Linda?"

She start crying in his arms as they sat next to the water on the ground still in shock.

"I screwed up Tom. Wayne and Cynthia is dead. We're always gonna be stuck here. I might as well die already." Linda cried in his arms.

"Linda, don't give up yet okay. We're gonna get out of here." Tom promised placing his hand on her cheek.

"Please end my pain Tom. Please." She begged him taking a rock giving it over to him. "If you don't do it now, I'll do it later in anyway."

"No you won't. And so won't I." Tom said with tears in his eyes taking the rock. He throw it in the water. He look at her crying eyes again running his finger over her lip. "I don't want to wake up feeling guilty. Besides that, I want to plan on waking up with you every morning. We have two beautiful children Linda."