Chapter six

It's early morning. Linda try rip off a piece of her dress but fail. Her feet was bare which she was trying to make socks for her.

"Here."

She look next to her at Tom that held out her brown boots for her.

"I found them close by."

"Thanks."

She took them and put them on. Her eyes caught Wayne starring at her from a distance wishing Tom would just move away so that she wouldn't get starred like that.

"So any pain relieve?" He started he conversation and took a seat next to her on the log.

"How are you coping with the death of Cynthia?" She immediately changed the topic still buzy with her shoes.

"I'm trying." Tom responded getting her attention, but his eyes was attached to the ground at his feet. "She wasn't all cupcakes and roses but atleast I would've chose to watch her walk away instead of dying."

Linda immediately notice his sadness and just like that, she fell in the sorry hole for him.

"If you feel like crying invite me." She told him to give him comfort. "I could really use a shoulder and maybe...be one too."

"I'll keep that in mind." Tom replied and stood up same as she.

The five of them walk along the road. Lisa and Taylor walked in the front behind Wayne that followed Tom.

Linda walked in the back all by herself. Slowly and very uncomfortable. She was in pain. It was obvious. Well, give up one person that didn't had pain after ending up in a tree.

She stop and grab her stomach moaning out in pain as she turn away hoping they wouldn't notice.

Tom stop and let everyone walk pass him and his eye caught Linda. He run to her as the rest just kept on walking having no idea that Linda is in such a condition.

"Linda."

Just when he was about to touch her shoulder she stood up straight faking a smile.

"What's wrong?" She asked him wanting to cough but keep it in.

"You look sick. Should we stop?" He asked curiously but she shook her head refusing.

"No we walk on. And we get out of here." Linda replied and took a seat on the rock coughing. She look at her hand and see blood. Her eyes immediately meet up with Tom's that gave her an odd look having no experience that she just coughed blood.

She close her hand and wipe it off against the rock.

"Linda, we can't go further with you like this. I'll go call the rest." Tom said and ran after them stopping them.

Linda role her eyes and look at her hand that was dirty again.

"Are you gonna be alright?" Taylor asked her mother curiously as they wrapped up leafs to get comfortable resting.

"Of course. I'm one hundred..."

She stop speaking trying to listen close. She gave a smile as Taylor give her a worried look.

"You hear that? A waterfall." Linda smiled.

Taylor got quiet listening carefully.

"I do." She replied and ran off to find it.

"Where's she going?" Tom asked throwing down what he got from the trees.

"Waterfall." Linda replied and stood up following Taylor's tracks.