Prologue

At times two unexpected souls collide and crash like a dying dragon into an unfortunate town. It is just as abrupt, sweeps over like a hurricane and affects all those that cross its path. The fire burns just as bright, just as hot, and is just as dangerous. It can consume the unfortunate and the ignorant that cannot see the real threat.

It just so happened, that a set of emotions attacked the great Elvenking Thranduil. He was the ruler of once great Woodland Realm, which had since its founding and the passing of Thranduil's father, King Oropher, diminished into something that was now called Mirkwood.

The attack took place sometime before the Orcs alongside with Wargs attacked the armies of Elves, Men and Dwarves over the treasure of Erebor and the rule over the Lonely Mountain. It happened in Dale where some of the surviving Men of the destroyed Lake-town, or Esgaroth, had followed Bard the Bowman - or newly titled Bard the Dragonslayer - the descendant and rightful heir of Girion of Dale. The Elvenking had answered to the pleads of Bard offering the Men supplies to help them survive as they had lost everything when the Dragon attacked, and the autumn was slowly fading into winter, bringing cold weather and snow as it came.

The Elvenking arrived in Dale with his force - both to help the Men and to reclaim what in the Mountain was his. Though the idea of the shiny jewels somewhat faded as he laid the look of his exceptionally pale blue eyes on the ragged leader of the Men. The surprise did hit Bard, too, but not as heavily, since he was fully aware of the Elves being incredibly fair folk. He was, still, taken a little aback by just how beautiful the Elvenking was in person. And at that moment their hearts knew, their souls knew.

I wanna hand you my heart...