His Saving Grace - Part 2

Here's chapter 2, hope you enjoy it!

- Olivia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping out of her car, Charlotte was hit with an icy wind. She wrapped her thin black hoodie around her body in an attempt to contain the small amount of warmth she had.

"God, Ally its freezing. It's going to be worse inside as well, so don't even try to reassure me", Charlotte complained, "I'm such an idiot for wearing my pyjama shorts and a thin singlet."

Ally laughed and stuck out her tongue, gesturing to her warm woollen pants and long sleeved top.

Grabbing a basket from a Coles employee, they decided to try the cereal isle first to settle their cravings.

After a long, heated debate about wether to get Nutri-Grain or Milo cereal, they decided to just buy both and be done with it.

"Nutri-Grain is so much better than Milo, it's the breakfast of champions Char!" Ally jokingly said, quoting the back of the cereal box. Skipping ahead, she picked out a jar of raspberry jam and placed it in the shopping basket.

Strolling through the aisles, they chose a multigrain bread, a healthier option that Tip Top white bread. Ally complained and whined but Charlotte was steadfast in her resolve. Moving towards the milk and juice aisle, Ally chose some milk, soy milk and a small carton of apple juice, because why go to Coles at midnight not to indulge in a little junk food?

"How about I meet up with you in ten minutes, you can pick out the junk food and i'll get the fruit and veg?" Charlotte suggested, clutching the basket full of groceries.

"Yeah, sure! But be prepared to blow all your money on chocolate!" Ally exclaimed. She gave Charlotte a quick hug and set off in search of the junk food.

Chuckling lowly to herself, she turned to the fruit and vegetables, determined to get Nina and Ally eating healthier. She selected a few avocados (her favourite food), leafy greens and an assortment of fruits.

Suddenly, she remembered a recipe she saved from a newspaper about a decadent dark chocolate tart.

"Doesn't hurt to indulge once in a while." She thought to herself, her stomach making loud, unappealing noises as a result of the lack of food she had eaten today.

~~~

Turning toward the baking products isle, she began searching for the cooking chocolate. She passed a tall, lean and heavily tattooed young man who was speaking to someone on the phone. Catching a small part of their conversation, she realised he couldn't find the cooking chocolate either.

"I swear, why is it so hard to find cooking chocolate? One of the guys that work here sent me down the confectionary isle. I'm about to give up Trent, honestly this cake isn't worth it." The unnamed man announced, his voice deep and sensual with the familiar twang of an Australian accent.

His voice sent shivers up Charlotte's spine, an involuntary reaction that had never happened to her before. Smoothing out her shirt, she began to preen herself, feeling self conscious of her appearance all of a sudden.

"God, what is happening to me, I haven't even caught a glimpse of his face yet." She uttered under her breath.

Moving to stand next to him, she spotted the dark cooking chocolate. Casting a sidewards glance to the mysterious young man to her left, her breath caught in her throat. She stood entranced. He was a sight to behold. His hair, shaved in the form of a stripe down the nape of his neck, gave leeway for her to admire his face. He had tattoos on his neck, which, if they had been on anyone else's skin would have looked unflattering, yet they suited him. Moreover they increased his attractiveness. His short sleeved shirt revealed more swirling ink on his bare arms, the tattoos disappearing under his top.