Chapter 1:Talkin To Marvin

"Come on Te, If you loved me you would have sex with me." my boyfriend said. He has been trying to convince me to have sex with him for a while now. "Dre, I'm not going to have sex with you. I told you this already. You know how i feel about this, we've talked about this already. I tell you every time that I'm not ready." I explained. "But I am. And plus we already did it once. Why not do it again? It was fun the first time right?" he said caressing my arm.

"So your wants are more important than mine?" I asked "No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that, i think we should just do it" he replied. "Do you not remember our little scare last time? when we thought I was pregnant?" I reminded him. "Look don't worry about, ill make sure to wear a condom this time. I promise. We are too young to be parents.I won't let happen again." He said before kissing my neck.

"Dre" I moaned. "Stop I don't want to do this" I managed to say. "Shhhhhh" He said laying me down on his bed. "You will thank me later" he said before taking off my shirt and making a trail of kisses from my collar bones to the button of my jean shorts. "Take em off" He said. I did as told and he started taking off his clothes. He climbed on top of me and we started to kiss.

"Dre, we can't do this" I said breaking the kiss. "Baby, don't worry. Everything will be okay. I promise"

I woke up from my dream. Ever since i found out that I was pregnant I've been having dreams of my boyfriend, Dre, and I having sex together. It's been a month since i got the call from the clinic. I've decided that i was going to keep the baby, but I haven't told Dre, or anyone that i am going to have a baby. I thought about telling someone, but i don't know how my friends and family are going to take the fact that their 16 year old loved one is going to have a baby. I have gotten a noticeable baby bump, but not too many people notice it.The people that do notice it, think I'm just getting fat.

I got up from out of bed and walked to the kitchen, looking for food. I checked the fridge and found nothing i wanted to eat. I looked in the pantry and found some hot funyuns. I grabbed as many as i could possibly take and walked to my room.

I decided on calling one of my best-friends, Marvin. "Hello" he said with his ghetto ass accent. "Hey love, how ya been?" I asked him. " Nah The question is how you been? You the one that's been ghost for a while." He said emphasizing on the word you each time he said it. " You right. You right" I said. "Yea, so whats poppin?" He asked me, meaning whats new. "Nothin" i said avoiding the fact i had something major to tell him.

"naah. I know that line. Whenever you say nothin, you got something on ya mind. Come on tell me ma." Marvin said concerned. I thought about whether i should tell him or not. Being that he is all the way in ATL he wont be able to whoop my ass, but i know that if i need anything he will help me no matter what.

"Well alot has changed since the last time that i talked to you, which was in......" "Come on, stop stallin tell me whats up" he said cutting me off and rushing me to the point. "Well" I began. "So you remember Dre right?" I asked. "Yea I remember that fuck nigga" he said angrily.

Marvin never liked Dre. As soon as Marvin met him, he had a problem with Dre, but he was nice to him for me. "Dont tell me you did something stupid with the nigga" Marvin said sounding annoyed. "Well " I started, I was scared to tell Marvin. I haven't told anyone, so i didn't know what to expect. "Ihadsexwithimandnowimpregnant" I blurted out. "What?" Marvin asked confused. "I'm Pregnant" I said.

It was nothing but silence on the phone. I was nervous. I didn't want Marvin's image of me to change. I wanted to be the same Chante he knew in loved. "Hello" I asked. "Yea." He replied. "Soooo" I said in an attempt to start conversation again. "Damn, lil ma alot has changed." he mumbled. "You gon keep it?" he asked in a more audible tone.

"Hell Yeah, imma keep my baby!" I yelled through the phone, causing Mar to laugh at me. "Oh aiight. Just know i got yo back 100 percent. If you ever need something, I got you. Don't be afraid to call me lil ma." He said. "I won't" I said. "Well tell mama and the rest of the fam I say whats up." He told me. "And tell Mini Ma that Uncle says wassup" he said talking about my baby. "How you know it's gonna be a girl?" I asked him. "Because I know" He said before hanging up the phone.

It felt good to have told someone. I feel relieved like I'm not alone in this world. Man, i hope it is this easy to tell everyone else I gotta tell.