Chapter 13

~Next Day~

While sleeping soundly, I feel the arms of my lover wrapping tightly around me and pulling me closer to him. My eyes slowly flutter open red locks coming into view. Smiling softly I snuggle closer to him. Gaara's lips press softly on the top of my head. I never know how much I would enjoy waking up to him. 'I wish I could wake up like this every morning.' I let out a content sigh feeling the warmth of him. Breaking the silence, he speaks in a sleepy tone.

"Good morning kitten. Did you sleep well." I blush at the nickname, hiding my face in his chest. I nod and mumble in response.

"Good morning Gaara. I sleep well. How about you?" He shake his head yes. I smile brightly in response. I cuddle closer to him wanting to remember the feeling of bodies close together. I hum contently and say in a hushed tone.

"I wish this moment could last forever.." I let out a sad sigh. It's already been a few weeks since Gaara has been here in the Leaf. He will probably be leaving in a week. It's going to be weird not being around him everyday. I was shaken out of my thoughts by his voice.

"I wish the same thing.." he paused for a moment, I look up giving him my attention. As if knowing my thoughts he began speaking, "Rina, since we were able to finish up all paperwork and with the success of your mission, I will have to go back to the Sand Village by the end of the week. I know this isn't the most ideal time to talk about it but it thought it would be best I inform you now." Giving a sad expression, I nod understanding he has duties as the Kazekage.

"Thank you for telling my Gaara. I understand you have duties back at your home that need tending to. Not to mention all of that paperwork that has probably been piling up." I try to joke lightening the mood. He lets out a softly chuckle.

"You don't have to remind me." He jokes back. We laugh together. After calming down, I continue.

"Anyways, I just want you know that no matter how far you are from me, I will always be yours. I'm going to miss you like crazy when you're gone but whenevr you want me there with you,  just send a bird and I will come see you as soon as I can. I promise you I will be there for you no matter what." I blush at my bold confession. Placing a hand on my cheek so I can look into his eyes. There is a sparkle in his eyes I hadn't seen before. On the inside the burgundy haired boy had a mix of emotions swirling within him. He was currently feeling flurries of love, acceptance, admiration and a sense of safety. He knew his heart would be safe and properly cared for in her hands. He was willing to give every part of his being to this woman he called his lover.  Leaning into his touch, she soon leans in to capture his lips onto her own.

Soon all you could hear in the room were soft pecks and sweet nothings being whispered to each other. Both wanting the affectionate moment to last for eternity. Eventually I hear the knob to my door jiggle and swing open revealing the two culprits. Their eyes widening in shock at the site they witnessed. Soon knowing smirks are visible on their faces. Naruto wiggles his eyebrows and Sasuke elbows him as to not be obvious. I look at the both of them, a deep blush riddled across my cheeks.

"What possessed you two to barge into my room? You didn't even have the decency of knocking." I scold.

"Because we're hungry and you are really the only one in the house that can cook." Naruto confessed sheepishly. Rolling my eyes, I let a deep breath escape my lips. Naruto really needs to learn how to cook for himself, I can't cook for him for the rest of his life. I didn't feel like cooking at the moment. I begin suggesting options.

"Naruto wouldn't like to just get ramen or something? I don't really feel up to cooking right now." Behind Naruto, I see Sasuke vigorously shaking his head. I quietly giggle at his disapproval. Naruto starts begging for me to cook.