Chapter 3-A New Perspective {Carson}

A million thoughts and questions swirled around my head. When have I ever wronged her? Am I not enough? She keeps telling me that I'm not like her exes, that I'm different. But now she says that I'm exactly like them? Is she the one for me? Am I putting too much into the relationship? Why keep trying if she keeps pushing me away? All these worries kept me from noticing that Bella fell asleep in my arms.

Wait a minute, Bella's asleep?

I sighed and looked down at her. My short, loud, and stubborn best friend, who has been there for me through all my hardships. She may be taller than most girls, but she's short in my eyes. She always hates it when I call her "shorty" or "ding-dong". (You know, it's a sound that a door-Bell makes.) I listened to her slow, steady breaths as I thought about all the things I liked about her. She may be extra, and annoying at times, but she's my type of annoying. I like how she can listen as well as she can talk. I like how she is stubborn, yet caring. 

To sum it all up, I like everything about her. Actually no, let me re-phrase that.

I love everything about her.

She's my confidante, my rock, my best friend, and the sister that I've always wanted.

I slowly removed my arm around her, and laid her gently on the couch. In one swift motion, I scooped her up into my arms and walked to her bedroom. I put her down softly on her bed, covered her in a blanket, and sat on the bed. Just in the right moment, the moonlight shone on her face. In that moment, I realized:

She looks absolutely beautiful.

Her long black hair tumbled down her shoulders which framed her calm features. My eyes slowly took in every physical aspect: her cute nose; her long lashes; her defined jawline; her soft lips. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps.

Buenos noches, mi amiga.

As I got up to leave, she stirred in her bed, and I froze, not wanting to wake her. She reached for my hand and mumbled "Stay."

I hesitated, and another wave of thoughts took over. What would Rachelle think? It will be super awkward tomorrow morning when she wakes up, only to find me in her bed. 

Who says she needs to know? Said a small voice in the back of my head. How do you know it will be awkward? You know you need her embrace probably more than she needs it.

I nodded, listening to my inner voice and got under the covers. She moved closer to me and I instinctively wrapped an arm around her. After a few moments, I drifted off to sleep, with Bella in my arms.

* * * * * * *

I woke up to the sound of sheets rumpling as Bella turned in her bed. Her hair is a mess, but, I hate to agree with what she said last night; She does look like a hot mess.

I quietly sat up and leaned against the head board. I looked down at her again, and there was this tingling feeling that spread all over my chest, making my heart beat faster. I tried to shake the feeling off but it wouldn't budge.

I eventually gave in, and lightly tucked the stray hairs behind her ear. God, she looks so beautiful, even with all the dried drool around her mouth. She must've been really tired.

I got out of bed and headed for the washroom. I did my morning routine and retreated to the kitchen to make breakfast. I made some pancake batter, and I found some canned sausages in the pantry. Just when I started to cook my first batch of pancakes, I heard the bedroom door open, and saw Bella—still in her morning state—walk towards the kitchen.

Seeing her with bed-head hair and in her pajamas triggered something inside me. She said something but I was lost in my own thoughts that I wasn't able to make out what it was.

There was just something about the sight of her that made me feel as though we are the only two people in this world, and that made me forget about all my worries and problems;

And even forget about Rachelle.

"Hello? Earth to Carson? Is there anyone home?" She asked, waving her arms in front of me.

"Oh, what, huh? Sorry, did you say something?" I stammered. God, I probably looked like an idiot.

"I asked what you were making for breakfast." She said, "But then you just stared at me as if I was wearing a trash bag," she laughed.

"Oh, uh... I'm making pancakes, and im also going to fry up some of the Vienna sausage that I found in your pantry." I let out an awkward laugh, "Sorry about, what just happened."

Yeah, whatever that was.

She laughed, "It's fine, its not the first time I've seen you act awkward," she smiled at me. "But that usually doesn't happen unless you're around the person that you like..." She raises an eyebrow in suspicion.

I gulped, unable to say anything in reply. Damn it, Carson. What has gotten into you? I scolded myself. Get a hold of yourself. How are you going to make it through the day like this?

"However, despite your weird behaviour, at least it confirms how much you looove me," she winked.

More than you could ever possibly know Bella.

"Anyway, do you need any help?" She asked.

"No, I think I got it thanks."

"Okay, I'll go set the table then." She ruffled my hair and proceeded to set the table. "Oh yeah," she added, "I have the entire day planned out for us. I'll go into more detail while we eat."

All I wanted was to lounge around in the apartment and let the day pass by. There goes my plans for the day.

* * * * * * *

A/N: Thanks again for taking interest on this story! But a BIG MEGA FANTABULOUS THANK YOU goes to my writing/reading buddy, Kylla, for making my cover page. Go follow her Graced_ and read her soon-to-be-published stories! I've read a few, and I absolutely cant wait for it to be published. :3

Have a nice day and take care! xoxo, Belle

Published on September 28, 2017

Revised on October 1, 2017