Chapter 6-A Day in the City Pt. 2

Bella

I looked up at the waiter and was stricken by his looks. My eyes slowly scanned him from head to toe, and I suddenly find myself immersed in his beauty. His shiny black hair covered his soft grey eyes. His golden skin tone was—

"Uh, miss?" he said. "Are you ready to order?"

I was snapped out of my trance and a blush appeared on my cheeks. I shook my head and said, "Oh, yes. Ah, sorry about that," I laughed awkwardly. "I'll have the Beef Pho."

"All right, and that will be all?"

"Yes, thank you," Carson replied.

"Okay, I'll just give this to the chef, and I'll be back with your food shortly." He said with a smile. He gave me a quick wink before walking away.

Did he just wink at me?

I shook my head, telling myself that it was just my imagination. However, that smile of his is just so charming. His eyes light up and a small dimple appears on his left cheek. It's so cute that it just makes me want to ruffle his hair and—

"Bella? Hello?" Carson waved his hand in front of my face.

"Wait, what?" I said, stunned.

"Look who's distracted now," he rolled his eyes. "You're such a hypocrite Bella."

"Well I'm sorry, I was just... You know, daydreaming." I looked down at the floor.

"At least now I know how you felt when I was dozing off."

"And same thing goes for me." I said. "I guess something triggered it," I shrugged.

He mumbled something under his breath, then shook his head.

We talked for a few minutes until Mikael returned with our food and some utensils. After we blessed the food, I picked up my spoon and I saw something written on the top left corner of the napkin. I picked it up and took a closer look and it said: Hey there ;) I saw you checking me out. Don't you deny it. Perhaps we could meet up somewhere to talk about it. Text me, I'm looking forward to your reply ;) —Mikael <3 And underneath was his cell phone number.

* * * * * * *

Carson

I was happily slurping my soup until I looked up and saw Bella looking at a piece of tissue. It seems as though that she was reading something, since I saw her blush and bite her lip. I looked up at the counter and saw our waiter, Mikael, observe her from afar, as if he was looking for a reaction to come from her.

After "reading" the napkin, she placed it on the table and looked at the register. I couldn't see her but judging from Mikael's reaction, he seemed to approve of her facial response. He winked at her and Bella shook her head as she turned back towards me. She was looking down, trying to hide her face, but I noticed her blush and wide grin on her face.

I couldn't help but feel jealous at Mikael. He probably wrote something sweet to make her blush like that.

Wait, I was jealous?

I shook my head as Bella looked up and saw me staring at her. She laughed and said, "Don't mind me, Mikael just said something funny." She tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear as she started to eat.

"You sure that it was something funny? Because I don't recall you laughing while you were reafing that tissue," I eyed her skeptically.

She looked up at me mid-slurp and took the opportunity to roll her eyes. "Oh, whatever Cars. I thought I was supposed to be the practical person in this friendship?"