Chapter 10-Shower Encounter

Bella

I stirred in my bed only to find myself face to face with Carson whose arms are wrapped around me. I quickly scrambled out of my bed which woke him up in a panicked state. "Whoa there tiger, you alright?" He asked, half-asleep.

"I think so?" I breathed in reply. My heart was racing, too shocked at the sight before me. His hair was in a bed-head state, and his shirt was off. My eyes slowly scanned his toned biceps and his flat stomach.

"Enjoying the view, I assume?" He smirked.

"No... What? No!" I lied. " Never. You look stupid anyway." I scoffed. I turned around so that my back was facing him. I looked down at myself and took note of how awful I looked. I never knew that my best friend was hot. I mean, sure I've seen him shirtless when we go swimming or when we go on road trips to a beach, but I've never taken much notice until now. What is happening to me?

He's still with Rachelle so don't think too much of it, I reminded myself.

I heard him get out of my bed and walk towards me. I felt his hand on my shoulder as he turned me around to meet his eyes. I ogled at him as I looked into those gorgeous hazel eyes. My heart was hammering in my chest. "Hey," he said. "Just to let you know, it's all right." He said with a smile.

I went limp in his arms. "What's all right?"

"To make fantasies about me," he laughed.

And just like that the spell was broken. I lightly pushed him away as I made my way to the washroom. "Who says I was making fantasies about you? Keep it in your fantasies." I rolled my eyes as I shut the door. I ran to the sink and splashed cold water on my face. I glanced at myself in the mirror and saw that my hair is a mess, and my cheeks were bright red. I was blushing?

I quickly dismissed the thought and left the room to take a shower. I let the warm water take away all the stress and tension that I had for the past few days. I started to hum but it later turned into a full-on-one-woman concert. After I finished belting an Adele song, I heard someone clap from the other side of the shower curtain.

"Wow, I never knew that you could sing like that."

I turned around only to see Carson's head poking out of the shower curtain. I scrambled to cover myself with the curtain. "CARSON! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed. I turned to face the wall so he could only see my bare back.

He merely laughed at my pathetic attempt to cover my nudity. His eyes roamed all over my body while a smirk was slowly making its way onto his face. "Not bad Bell, not bad at all," he grinned.

I grabbed a loofah and threw it at him. "GET OUT!" I yelled.

He caught the object and pretended to inspect it. "Ah, I see now," he nodded to himself. "You want me to help you scrub your back," he smirked at me. "Don't ya?"

Man, can't this guy take a hint? "GET THE FUCK OUT CARSON. If you don't leave in the next ten seconds, I'll kick you all the way back to Saskatoon."

He held up his hands and tossed the loofah back to me. "Alright, alright! I'll be leaving now," he chuckled.

I waited until I heard the faint click of the door until I dropped the curtain that covered my exposed body.

He only saw my back side, so it's all right, I reassured myself. I swear, that man gets on my nerves in the most uncanny ways.

He better be prepared for the lecture that's to come after my shower.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

A/N: Sorry, short chapter. Didn't quite make it to 1000 words. I'm having a bit of a writer's block from school work, and Calculus... SMH.

Just a note, that I will be unpublishing and postponing Change of Perspective. Don't worry, I'm working on it whenever I have any free time to kill. It will be posted back up soon, I promise :3

With that being said, I'll make sure that the next chapter will be longer. I will still be posting every week. Until then, take care guys! xoxo, Belle

Published on October 27, 2017

Revised on November 12, 2017