Chapter 17

It was suspicious that Yami didn't see any other gods or heard of them "Ruby's staying here? Why?" he asks looking at Shimon "She said she'd rather be with you then stop another argument from Summer and Jack" "Why does she want to be around me anyway?" he asks, but Mana says "Cause she likes you, which she never admits for various reasons" "Well gods and humans aren't allowed to date, it's against the rules" Ruby says walking over with her nose in a book "Do your homework if you wanna start lessons with me" she adds "Ruby that's mean!" Mana says, but notices the name on the spell book "Isn't that your father's book?" Shimon asks catching the girls attention "Yes it is, I'm trying to memorize the spells in it" she says looking at the group "But Ruby, last time you weren't even in the advanced book" Mana says, which earn the goddess a suspicious look from Yami "Anyway Pharaoh, we still have those lessons in the morning tomorrow, polish your sword".

However things don't go as planned since she noticed no Mahad "Gone to fight Bakura probably" she says and turns to a phoenix flying over to where she senses them "Master!" she hears Mana yell and she knows enough and she lands on her feet after changing back "Ruby, save him" Mana says hugging her "That I can't do" she says "He's already trapped in stone" "But Ruby!" Mana says, but Yami says "She's right, we can't help him" "On top of that Bakura has the millennium ring" Ruby says "He'll need all the items" she adds "Why does he need all of them?" Yami asks and Ruby looks at him "You won't have to worry about that, I'll deal with that personally" she says "Ruby don't force yourself to do something dangerous" Isis says, who had most likely foreseen it "I want to Isis, if I die then it's my own fault, not any of yours", Yami looks at Ruby, somehow knowing that even if they were to stop her that she'd put them under a sleeping spell "Isis it's fine, Ruby can handle herself" he says, so Isis says "Alright my king".

Back at the palace Ruby is back to reading her spell book when one of the god monsters is summoned in front of her, she looks up seeing which one it is and she hugs it "Happy now? You've been down all day" Yami says walking over and Ruby nods "I'm happy now" she says adds "Wish it would come to us though, to our world" "I'm sure it will, but didn't you mention you can break millennium items?" Yami asks and Ruby nods "I'll do that when you passed on, including the puzzle" she says and the bird disappears "I'll also destroy my own items" she says looking at her bracelet "Or hide them under my now empty place in the temple, I think Silver's planning something for all of us, no more gods, no one is interested in that anymore" she says, she wished it was easier "Just be honest, why don't you care if you die?" Yami asks, but Ruby stays quiet "Is it because of me?" he asks "When you sealed yourself I could easily wait 5000 years, well less actually since time goes by slower with us gods, but when you pass on I won't have to wait since you're gone" Ruby says "Now I know why we aren't allowed to become too attached" she adds.

The next morning Ruby is still half asleep while eating some grapes she snatched from the kitchen "Let's cancel that lesson" Yami says seeing Ruby quickly change between her disguise and normal "Gods can't enter the realm of memories, normally, I'm at half magic at the moment. A day in the sun will keep me going" Ruby says and she adds "And I should get some more clothes too, my dress is getting old" "Then there has to be a sun first, it's late and it hasn't come up yet" Seth says and Ruby facepalms "Sorry 'bout that" she says and she she adds "I've been too tired to actually pay attention to that" "That's better" Mana says and she stretches entering the room "Mana, why don't you take the Pharaoh to the gardens? I have something I need to do" Ruby says and she changes her outfit with magic, she decided to go with something more casual "That's not something you wear around the Pharaoh" Seth says, but Ruby shakes his worries away "Relax, I'm his childhood friend, besides, the sun is extra warm today" she says and stands up "Gotta go, if I'm not back by noon you can start to worry about me" she says and disappears, appearing near her favorite villain "Yo" she says sitting on the table "Ever heard of knocking?" Bakura asks, but Ruby grins at him "Yes" she says and adds "So, how's your plan going?" "Pretty good, got one of them and yes I know that my tricks won't work on you, but to make the Pharaoh feel better can't you side with me?" Bakura asks, but Ruby shakes her head "That goes against my job Bakura, I could ignore it, but I'd probably feel guilty after that" she points out, so they stay in silence "Get me the remaining items" he says and adds "If you do I'll try not to harm your precious Pharaoh too much" "Good enough, but they will suspect me if Isis can really foresee my new future, which is probably dying" Ruby says, so Bakura tosses her a cloak "I told them to start worrying if I'm not back by noon and they're gonna think you kidnapped me" she says, this earns her a smirk "Alright, though you might need a change of looks if you wanna pass of as my new... comrade" he says and Ruby takes the cloak and she gets off the table, changing her outfit, hair and eyes "That's better" Bakura says and he smirks "You sneak in at night, get the items and come back here, I do want to see the Pharaoh's face when we call Zork, you can go back after that" "Sounds reasonable, also it seems Yugi and the group followed Yami to this place".

So at noon Mana is pacing "She's not back yet" "She's a goddess, I'm sure she's fine" Seth says, but Yami thinks for a while "Well she was low on magic, what is Bakura got to her?" he asks, so Isis walks in and says "I can't see her in any of my visions, she might be home" "No, she wouldn't do that, she knows something, I don't know what it is, but she spend hours practicing spells. She wouldn't leave me unguarded if she knows something that makes her spend all her time in the gardens practicing her best spells" Yami says and Mana says "Good point, but we have to find her then". Seth thinks for a while and says "We'll go looking for her if she's not back tomorrow". That night however Ruby manages to get most of the items in a bag, but the puzzle is slightly difficult since Yami wasn't asleep yet "If we spot her we'll tell you" Seth says, having no idea his millennium item is gone "Ruby, where are you?" he asks no one, of course Ruby wants to answer, but she can't "So... I see you don't have your usual bodyguard" she says with a smirk "Who are you?" Yami asks as Ruby jumps down on the balcony without making a sound "Not worth mentioning" she says and adds "Now hand over the puzzle", Yami steps back and Ruby rolls her eyes "That little goddess mentioned something about you not giving it willingly, she escaped though" she says and walks over "Who are you?" Yami asks again and Seth runs in hearing a thud on the floor, he enters to see a figure leave with the puzzle and the Pharaoh on the floor, knocked out cold.