Basically (c.h.)

Prolouge

Hello, I'm Samantha Shine. Currently living in an apartment in New York with my best friend, Michael Clifford. I met Michael on the streets, and he brought me in.

Basically, our future is going nowhere and we're hiding from everything and anything that tries to help. Don't get me wrong, my life wasn't fucked up before, but after the incident, it all went to hell.

I was only 14, but I'm 19 years old now and still remember every detail of that one night.

---

"Stop it! You're going to kill us!" I yelled at the man in the mask. He was holding us in a room with multiple family with only one child. One boy was around my age. He had dark hair and dark eyes filled with sadness.

He was filling the room with gasoline and lighting a match. My parents were on the other side of the room along with the parents from the other families. The other kids and I were on the other side of the room.

The man forced us all to line up. My parents in the front of the line, along with the other families. I was last in line and the boy was next to me. The psychotic man poured gasoline on our heads, and the scent made me want to puke. All of us were whimpering and coughing.

"Shut up! Now, I'm going to burn you all! Parents first, I'm going to drag you in front of your children, and make them watch you burn." The man yelled at us. I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say exactly.

The man dragged my mother and father first. He lit the match he had and hovered it over their heads. He then dropped it on my fathers head and they bursts into flames. I couldn't move, I just stared at my parents burning.

The boy grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight and whispered something, but I wasn't listening. I kept on staring at the two people I loved with all my heart getting burned to a crisp.

More and more families were burned, and I didn't cry. I felt guilty for not feeling sad. I couldn't comprehend what was even going on.

The boys' family was last. My parents were gone. I didn't even cry, I felt nothing. The boy was still holding my hand, squeezing it ever so tightly.

The man lit a new match after the flames went away from the previous family. He dragged his parents to the same spot. The boy began to cry, something I wish I would have done.

The man hovered the match over their heads the same way he did with my parents. "Shut up boy!" The man snapped and the boy covered his face with his other hand. When he said that, he dropped the match, but not on the parents, but on himself.

He began to burn ferociously, as did the parents. The boy was now wailing at the sight of his parents. I looked around the room to see a small opening in the cheap wood. I looked at the man, to see that he had given up trying to let out the flames.

I tapped on the boys shoulder to get his attention. He stopped wailing, because his parents looked exactly like mine now, and all of the others.

"There's an opening right there! Hurry!" I whispered at him, but he wouldn't move. I dragged him by his shirt and made my way to the opening.

We made it past everything and was now on the streets, looking for a place to go. We had no idea how we even got to that room, or why the man did all of those terrible things.

We stayed in silence for about an hour when a police car was about to pass us, but I jumped out of the way so they wouldn't see me, and the boy didn't. The police officer stopped his car, and took the boy in the car. That was the last time I ever seen that boy.

---

I stayed on the streets ever since Michael found me, and things have been going a bit better. Not the same, but better.

•••

HIII okay sorry this sucks but i hope it gets better! Its my first fan fiction with an actual good story line and I hope you like it!