chapter two.

Calum decided that we should walk the the place we were going to. I didn't ask because Luke said to trust him, so I did. It was weird that I was actually talking to people and not staying in my room all day.

"Oh, Michael. Where are the cigarettes you promised?" I asked him. The three who walked in front of us turned around quickly. A lump began to form in my throat as if I said something I shouldn't have.

"You smoke?" Luke asked. I shook my head shyly as I felt my cheeks getting red. He smiled and continued walking. I sighed in relief as the other two did the same. I thought they were going to start lecturing to me about how bad it is for you, usually that was Michael.

"Um, if we pass a store that contains cigarettes, I'll get them. If not, then you're just out of luck." he smirked. I nodded and shook his hand.

I was still unsure about Calum. I was caught staring at him a few times by Michael. I had to stop looking at him because he reminded me of the boy. It couldn't be him, because I was sure that boy was dead. No matter how many times I tried to convince myself that he was alive, I was sure he was gone just like the rest of the families.

"I'm Brenda, in case you haven't heard. I usually talk a lot, but my throat has been hurting lately." the girl said. She smiled at the both of us and turned back around.

She stood by Luke, very close to Luke and held his hand. I had a feeling that she had to be dating one of them. It kind of hurt to see that it was Luke, but it's okay. It's not like Luke liked me or anything.

We were just about to pass a small convenient store, but I pointed to it and Michael walked in. I told him the kind I wanted, as if he didn't know already. The rest of us waited for Michael to finish.

"Samantha, right?" Luke asked. I nodded. "Do you like going to parties?" he smirked. To be honest, I've never been to one.

"Never went to one." I shrugged. He raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Oh, Sam. This party we're going to will be one to remember." he chuckled and laid back on the cement wall.

"It could turn out to be bad, you know." I hid my face again, to make sure I wasn't totally embarrassing myself in front of the cute boy.

"It won't, trust me." he smirked.

*

Luke was right, we were at a party. Michael was having fun, but he came to check on me every half hour to make sure I wouldn't go psycho. The multiple people smoking weed and doing other drugs made me stay silent. I wanted to puke all over the place.

"You alright?" Calum asked. I was sitting on the balcony of the big house the party was at.

"Perfect." I mumbled. I pulled out the pack of cigarettes Michael got me and cringed when I lit the cigarette. The fire.

"Why do you smoke? I smoke, but I just want to know." he said. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

"Well, People smoke for fun, I smoke to die." I looked at him and his face looked shocked, but then went back to his usual grin.

"You're a weirdo, but I like you." He smiled. "You and Michael seem really cool. I'd like it if you guys could hang out with us more."

"Sounds fun. By the way, I hate parties. This one isn't even really a party, just a meet up to smoke weed." I said and got up from the side of the balcony. I held a hand out for Calum to get up.

"By the way, I hate them too. It's why I'm out here, plus I don't appreciate stoned teenagers asking for things that shouldn't be asked." he smiled at me. I smiled back at him.