chapter thirteen.

When I walked into the living room, I saw Luke laying down on the couch, his feet dangling. The couch was big, I didn't get that.

"Hey, you got the candy! Come sit." He shot up and patted to the spot next to him. I weakly smiled and sat down.

I just couldn't see how Calum and Brenda are together. She isn't good enough for him. I think that maybe he's mad at me. Or maybe he's more confident because of his first kiss, with me.

"You alright?" Luke asked, pouring a few junior mints in his hand.

Luke's POV

Sam nodded and she took a junior mint. She looked sad, but I guess it was something to do with her weird thingy. I didn't fully understand that crap.

I was also thinking about how Sam crossed her legs a lot. It was something Emily did. Emily is my friend, but I think we would be something more if she broke up with her boyfriend. I like Emily a lot, and she was with my other group of friends. I guess you could say I live some sort of double life, funny to think if it that way.

"What movie are we watching?" Sam asked, making me put my thoughts about Emily to the side. Sam was okay, but Emily's perfect. I'm basically only dating Sam because Calum wants to date her. Calum can't have anything, because he's just some stupid kid I met in high school with no parents. The brat won't even tell me what happened to them.

"We're gonna watch That 70's Show." I smiled, and she did too.

"Ive heard of that." She said and focused on the television.

We sat in silence for about fifteen minutes, and I decided to ask her some questions because she seemed not very interested in the show.

"Hey Sam, where are your parents?" I asked, and she turned to me very quickly. Her face was about to turn red and she looked very scared. It was almost like the time she freaked during that scary movie.

"Uh, I, They're um.." She closed her eyes very tightly and took deep breaths. Maybe this was some weird coping technique.

"Are they alive?" I asked, scooting closer to her. She scooted away and held her hands to her head. She was mumbling crazy stuff. This was definitely one of those freaky attack things.

"Sh-shut up. y-you're going t-t-to kill us." I could barely figure out what she was trying to say. It was freaky. It was like something was trying to possess her. Michael was still sleeping through all of this, idiot.

"Michael!" I yelled and he shot up. He looked around the room and saw Sam, now almost on the floor.

"What did you do?!" Michael yelled at me and grabbed Sam to sit her back on the couch.

"I-I don't know. All I did was ask her about her parents an-" He cut me off.

"Why the hell would you do that?! God, you're such an idiot." Michael mumbled, and tried to calm her down. She hasn't screamed yet, like last time.

"Listen here, Clifford. You better shut the fuck up and just get her to stop." I said, grinding my teeth. He stopped talking to Sam, and looked at me. He stared for a while.

"Luke, you're the fucking idiot that caused this. If you wouldn't have said anything about her parents, everything would be fine!" He yelled. "Maybe yo-"

He was cut off by Sam, now screaming her head off. I had to cover my ears it was so loud. Michael backed away for a second, and then got closer to her, repeating the word stop. It wasn't doing any good.

I heard loud footsteps coming from the hallway, and then I saw Calum and Brenda standing there.

"What the hell?" I stood up and got closer to Calum.

"What is going on?" Brenda asked, and I pointed to Sam. Right now she was saying and mumbling words and screaming. It was a mixture of things I didn't understand.

"How long have you two been here? Why is your shirt like that?" I asked both of them. Brenda's shirt was basically off and Calum's lips were about the same color as Brenda's, red.

"Um, we just, I-" I cut Calum off

"What the fuck. Are you serious?! God, you know what? Fuck this, I'm leaving." I said and stormed out, grabbing my car keys and coat.

I knew exactly where I was going to go, Emily's place.

Samantha's POV

I couldn't believe what I just saw. I mean, yeah it's pretty hard to concentrate with all this stuff going on in my head, but I was still able to think, and see.

My screams were muffled by Michael's hands. I wanted to say thanks for him helping, but I just couldn't do it.

I saw Calum, and was a little happy. Then I saw Brenda holding his hand, and immediately felt the need to hit something. I didn't like this feeling. It was like my chest was about to burst open and I was going to die.

And then I stopped.

I stopped screaming, I stopped mumbling, I stopped everything. I just stared at Calum. I closed my eyes, trying to think of what happened to cause this.

Then I did something that I thought I would never do at a time like this. I walked over to Calum and kissed him. It was the best feeling I could ever have. It felt amazing. I pulled away after ten seconds exactly, and then it hit me.

I couldn't believe what I had done, and neither could anyone else, they quietly stared. I put my hand over my mouth and backed away from him.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that. Come on Michael, let's go." I said and grabbed Michael's hand. I didn't bother grabbing my jacket, but luckily Michael did.

*

Luke. I didn't see Luke. He asked me about my parents, that's what happened. That's why I freaked. It must have been so confusing for him. I felt so bad.

Michael and I walked all the way home, and said nothing to each other on the way there. Michael looked angry, and I was simply too stunned to say anything.

I sat on the window seat and read my favorite poetry book. As I finished the fifth poem, Michael sat next to me.

"Calum called and texted me for a total of 23 times, I think you should talk to him." He said and handed me his phone. I put the book down.

"Luke didn't call?" I asked, gently holding the phone in my hands. Michael shook his head.

"Just call Calum, you two really need to talk." Michael got up and walked in our room. "Do the right thing, Sam."

•••

hi hello sorry if this is short I just wanted to update yay

comment pls