26

"Ae? Yerin? Aren't you supposed to be in Jeju?" Jung appa asks.

"Eo. Just.. I'm not feeling well," Yerin lies. Actually she got a phone call from Sojung last night and immediately flies to Seoul as soon as possible. She can't wait to meet Taehyung!

She arrived at the evening. But since her appa is too busy with his work, Yerin didn't let her stepmother and sister to let her appa know. Both of them didn't know too because Yerin took taxi to reach home. As for her sister, she lies, saying that something emergency came and she's willingly postpone her semester if the sister didn't let her to go. Fortunately, the supervisor let her to go.

"Eo? Are you ok?" Seriously, to be honest, Jung appa seems quite awkward. Well, he's not close with Yerin compared to Eunbi.

"Just a bit dizzy. But maybe I'll be fine," Yerin replies.

"Eo." Silence filled the space between Yerin and Jung appa but Jung appa's incoming calling intervened them.

"Appa.." Eunbi came cheerfully, like usual. Jung appa raises his hand, gesturing he is busy right now. Eunbi pouted, a normal reaction from that 19 years old student.

"Jinjja?(really?) Iremeun?( his name?)" Jung appa pauses, giving the caller's chance to speak.

"Kim Seok Jin?" as the name mentioned by Jung appa, Yerin feels uneasy.

"Yeah, I bring the file home. I'll go there now. Thank you. Don't let him go yet," Head Detective Jung orders.

"Eunbi, I need to go back to the office. Please tell eomma, ok?" Jung appa orders before he goes to work.

"Arasseo appa. Don't get stress," Eunbi replies.

Yerin glances at the suitcase. She waits for Eunbi to go then she'll take the file to see what's inside. Maybe that will easen her heart.

"Ae? Appa didn't bring the suitcase?" Eunbi mumbles.

"Gwaenchanha. Eonni bring it. Please take car key for me," Yerin orders.

"Ok. Do you want me to follow you? You are not feeling well, right?"

"Nah, it's okay. Don't worry."

"Arasseo. Chakaman (wait)," Eunbi goes to take her sister's car key.

Yerin keep looking at the briefcase until Eunbi taps her shoulder.

"Here," Eunbi passes the car key to Yerin. Yerin took it abd bring the briefcase along.

While on her way to her father's office, she stops at nearby. Her heart keeps telling her to check the bag. Following her instinct, she opens it and takes out a thick file.

"Just deaths. Nothing weird. Aigoo.. what's wrong with me?" Yerin smacks her forehead. Then, she continues driving to her father's office.

***

"Where is he?"

"In the interrogation room. But sir, he asked to turn off CCTV. But we are recording him using our handycam."

"Why do you obey him?" Mr. Jung creased his forehead.

"Well, you need to check it by yourself," the officer brings him to the interrogation room.

"Annyeong hasaeyo," the boy greets Mr. Jung.

"Ne. Kim Seok Jin ssi?" Mr. Jung asks.

"Ne, majayo. I came here to make a confession." He goes straight to the point.

"I'm the one who stabs Kim Sojung five years ago."

"You.. what?"

****

"Annyeong hasaeyo. Can you please call Mr. Jung for me? Tell him his daughter came," Yerin asks at the counter. She did come one or two times before but she's not sure if the receptionist recognise her or not. If it is Eunbi, of course everyone will recognise her.

And what she guesses is true. They do ask few questions before call to the upper officers.

"Miss, you can leave the case here."

"No, it's okay. I want to hand it to my father directly. You know? This case has a very important file." Just like a water flow, the words come out from her lips.

"O..k.." the receptionist quite shocks but to make sure the case really reach Mr. Jung who is currently working on important case, the receptionist bring Yerin to Mr. Jung's office.

***

"I don't understand. Why do you admit this after five years? And you turn up yourself," Mr. Jung thinks.

"Because I miss her," Seokjin replies.

"Mweo?"

"Because I miss Sojung so much that I want to just die. But I can't. I'm feeling guilty. I watched her through TV, but still I miss her. I want to see her laugh, I want to console her when she's sad. I know she hurt a lot since she's being criticised a lot. I want to say I'm beside you."

"But I will scares her. I know she won't meet me. Not until she feels truly secured. She won't believe I've changed. She won't believe I regretted on what I did to her. But I really want to reach her. Dau by day, I miss her," Seokjin keeps saying he misses Sojung.

"Geuraeseo, when I'm in jail, I want to meet her. I want she meets me and feel save. I can only do that if I'm in jail," Seokjin continues.

"Mr. Jung, your daughter is here."

"Eo? Just take the case from her. Why does she needs to be here?" Mr. Jung mad but he controls his temper.

"Well, Yerin says she need to ensure the file reach you. It is a very important document," the young detective who brang the receptionist and Yerin to the interrogation area replies. He knows Yerin very well.

"Aigoo.. ok, ok," Mr. Jung was about to stand but then he turns his face towards Seokjin who was at that time looking on the ground.

"Wait, you said that become Taehyung's foster brother and send him to Geum High School. Was he.. the one who was suspected to cause Jinyoung's missing six years ago?" Mr. Jung asks.

Seokjin almost shock.

"Nn.." he almost answers it when he realises this man is the one who interrogated Taehyung.

"So, is Yerin that you mean.. my daughter?" Mr. Jung asks.

This time Seokjin really shocks.

"You.." Mr. Jung smashes the table.

"Yerin, cover your face!" Mr. Jung covers Yerin's face.

"Appa, wae?" Yerin shocks.

"Follow me," Mr. Jung pulls her into the room.

"Seokjin oppa?" Yerin mumbles.

"Yennie.." the name automatically went out from Seokjin's lips.