32

First of all, I'm really really really sorry that I didn't realise that it had been two weeks since I last updated.. so, here's double update for you.. enjoy 😉

"Yennie," a familiar voice calls Yerin.

"Sojung-ah," Yerin stand up and hugs her best friend. Sojung received a call from Yerin's father and since she doesn't have any schedule today, she came right after the call.

"Oh, be strong, be strong. I know you can face it," Sojung patted Yerin's back.

"How did you know?" Yerin asks.

"Your dad called me so I came here straightaway."

Yerin nods and continues waiting for hours. She only stand up when the doctor who is in charge of operating Taehyung went out.

"How is it?"

"Thank goodness we managed to save him. But we will put him under ICU, so that we can keep observing him."

"Thank you."

"May I know, where is his family?" the doctor asks.

"Wae?" Yerin asks back.

"Nothing. I just need to discuss with them on how to take care of him.."

"You can discuss it with me. He has no parents. I'm the closest to him," Yerin replied. No polices come with them so Taehyung is not declared as a criminal yet. But if they do follow, the doctor must tell his condition to his family, not the police. Yerin knows it, that's why she tell that to the doctor.

"If that so.. come to my room, please." And Yerin follows.

***

"Yerin," Mr. Jung opens the door. Yerin lifted her head from Taehyung but then she looks back at Taehyung.

"How long are you going to sit here? It has been two days. You need to sleep and eat!"

"Don't bother about me," Yerin replies coldly.

"He's unconcious for two days. And if he is unconcious today too, it'll be three daya. And even if he is unconcious next week, it'll be more than one week. That's what you want to know, right?" Yerin turns her head towards her father. Mr. Jung looks at her daughter sternly.

"After all, work is the most important to you.. no! Achievement! Achievement is the most important to you!" Yerin pour out her heart.

"Yerin, what are you talking about? Let's have a talk at the outside," Mr. Jung orders firmly.

"Sirheo (I don't want). There's nothing to be discussed about. After that night, you make me realise one thing."

"Mweoga? (What is it?)" Mr. Jung asks.

"That I'll never be the first to you. I'll be pushed behind over and over!"

"Yerin, appa was just tried to save you!"

"Even if appa doesn't acknowledge me as your daughter, do you think he'll let me go? No! He will still kill me! At least let me hear you say you love me before I die!"

"Yerin.."

"Do you still remember when I and Eunbi was kidnapped when we were kids?" Yerin asks without Mr. Jung able to explain to her.

"What.."

"We were almost died. But the first person you saved was Eunbi. I was lucky because there's another officer saved me. If not.."

"Yerin, that's because you were a middle schooler!"

"Even if I was a middle schooler, I still need you!" Yerin shouts.

"You disrespected me! Is it because of that boy? I won't let you see him again!" Mr. Jung pulls Yerin but she defies him. She fights harder. She resists to go with Mr. Jung.

"Abeonim," Sojung interrupts. Mr. Jung's pull become loosen.

"Abeonim, chweseonghamnida. I know I shouldn't interrupt in your family's business but if you keep forcing Yerin, she'll get more distant from you. Yerin just found Taehyung. Let them have their time together. Yennie still shocked from whatever happened," said Sojung.

Mr. Jung looks at Yerin but she looks at other side. Realising that Sojung is right, Mr. Jung leaves the room. But, before he goes back to the police station, he did remind his subordinates to report if there is any positive progression from Taehyung. The subordinate nods and Mr. Jung leaves the hospital.

"Taehyung-ah, mianhae. You have to heard those unnecessary things," Yerin sits down and Sojung takes the opposite side sit.

"How's him?" Sojung asks.

"Slowly recovering," Yerin smiles, a fake one.

"Yah, uljima. Everything will be okay, okay?"

"When did I cry?" Yerin asks.

"There," Sojung teases her.

"Aniya (no). Eobseo(none (the tears))" Yerin looks at Taehyung again.

"Yennie-ya, aren't you going to Jeju?"

"I postponed my studies."

"You what?!"

"Found Taehyung and be with him is the most important thing for me right now. I won't let him go anywhere. Not even to uri appa (my father)"

"Yennie-ya.."

"I'm happy that I finally found him. And now he's hurt. Because of me. I should take care of him," Yerin continues while looking at Taehyung.

"It's not your fault," Sojung assures her.

"It's MY fault. If only I didn't go to the address, Taehyung won't be like this. His brother won't die. And his brother won't go to jail," Yerin mumbles but still can be heard by Sojung.

"Sojung-ah, am I selfish? I hope he's save but at the same time I hope he won't wake up."

"Wae?" Sojung asks.

"I'm afraid he will hate me. For killing his brother, and for ruining his family."

"Yennie-ya, stop talking like that. Stop blaming yourself. It just happened!" Sojung pats her back. Suddenly Yerin cries and Sojung hugs her.

Yerin and Sojung heard someone growling since Yerin doesn't cry so hard. Both of them looks at Taehyung.

Taehyung's hand moves!

"I'll call the doctor!" Sojung says and run out.

"Taehyung-ah, do you hear me?" Yerin asks while softly patting his arm.

Once again, she hears the growl.

"Taehyung-ah!"