tricks

harrison's pov
looks like my tomorrow will be wasted on that stupid nature walk. i walk over to my stage and fiddle with some cards. i would be doing something new, but i haven't been taught any new tricks yet.

i start transforming cards into doves, and turning them back. i look towards the knitting camp. almost everyone is there, except me, nurf and nerris. oh how wonderful. some of my least favourite people. i ignore the fact that i'm probably gonna be pummelled into the ground if i talk or look at nurf and that if i bother nerris, she'll pelt me with dice and throw insults at me.

now that i think of it, this hike might be good. i'm only going with two other campers. and they aren't even that annoying. god. i sound like max.

not realizing it, i accidentally said 'the hike might be good' out loud. quite loud. nerris turns to me and looks at me in confusion.

'whath?'
'nothing nerris.' she dramatically raises her hand to her chest and does a fake gasp. i roll my eyes and chuckle.
'you musth tell nerrith the cute everything!'
'no i don't. i don't have to tell you anything'

she turns around and mumbles a 'stupid harrison with his dumb card tricks and ugly dwarf face..' ouch. that hurt.

my eyes droop as i sit down and lean against the stage. depressing thoughts cloud my head.

you let them down.

he is gone.

you can never get him back.

your a freak.

they're scared.

it's unnatural.

how can you be loved? your a monster.

i dig my head inside my hands a groan. they won't stop. all because i couldn't bring him back. after nerris told everyone, they've been scared. they think i can't do it. they are afraid.

i am afraid.

i just want to leave.