where are they

max's pov
it's been three days and they still haven't returned. gwen is freaking out. nerris, nurf, dolph and erid have been stressing over the campers that went with david. space kid has no clue what's happening. and neil and i have been quite worried for nikki, neil has barely gotten sleep.

i walk into mess hall and stomp my foot hard on the floor to get everyone's attention.

'alright fuckers, we need to find them.'
'whath? how can we track them down? gwen hath been talking to the police all day. they said that they hathn't gotten any clues.'
'that's why we will find them ourselves.'
'thath a really bad idea, we could get lost ourselths. and since when did you start caring about them?'
'i don't care about david, harrison or preston! we just need nikki back.'

i gather the campers. most of them didn't want to go, but my persuasion skills are through the roof.

'ok, nerris and erid, go look around the lake, maybe even a bit further.nurf and dolph, you look around the south part of the forest. space kid, i trust you to tell gwen we'll be going out to find the group. me and neil-'
'neil and i.'
'neil and i will be going to the north part of the forest. everyone come back at around 6:30, and meet at the activity field.'

everyone nodded and went off. neil and i went towards the northern part of the forest. we look around every tree, rock and cave in sight. nothing.

'm-max, it's getting quite late, and dark.'
'no! won't give up!'
'why are you so fond of them? why do you need to find them. last time i checked, you don't care about anything, or anyone.'
'she's my friend neil! i'd like to have one for once. i try to keep them but they leave. i'm not losing her.'

neil turns away and inspects a rock for quite a while.

'i'm heading back to camp. join me if you want.' he whispers.

i just nod and follow him.

i can't lose her. not another one.

we get back to camp and meet up at the field.

'did you guys find anything? any clues?'

all i hear are mumbled no's.

oh boy...