escape

david's pov
while we were talking, a man wearing all white comes in.

'daniel!'
'your the one that did this to us!'

harrison pounced on him, making the grown man fall. the experiment growled at daniel, making him shudder.

'yes, i did. but, i didn't want to voluntarily. the man i partly work for would give me a reward to escape the police if i helped him. i'm not that cruel.'
'you tried to sacrifice us.'

'look. i've had enough shit in my life. i don't need you to make it worse. do you want to get out or not.'

we all quietly nod.

'ok. well, just go out then.'
'...what do you mean?'
'just leave. there is nothing stopping you from leaving.'
'wouldn't the man find us?'
'he's not here.'
'won't you get a punishment for letting us out?'
'i want to die anyways. existence is painful.'

daniel seems off aswell.

'well, what are you waiting for? go on you slugs.'

harrison gets off him. daniel stands up and exits. we follow hesitantly. he takes us outside to a boat readied for us to depart. during the walk to the boat, i noticed the camp was where we were heading and that we were on spooky island.

'now, there is a motor in the boat. you can't use your hands for obvious reasons. so, all you have to do is tug on this string.'
'are you sure about this..?'
'yes. and by the way, i'm wearing a translator on me, so only i can hear what your saying, others won't. be aware of that.'

we nod and get on the boat, harrison whimpers and sits beside me.

'have a good time at the ca-'

before daniel could finish, he was pulled back by a dark figure.

'are you setting these monsters free?'
'um, no...?'

daniel bites the person with his sharp canines. the figure grabs his now bleeding hand while trying to hold daniel still. the cultist pushes the boat forward and yells.

'pull the string!'

i don't hesitate to rip the string from its place. the motor starts making some noise before the boat starts moving. daniel gives one last smile before he gets pulled into darkness.

...

the boat eventually lands a dark forest. we don't hesitate to get off. we stumbled a bit before we were back on our feet.

multiple gun shots could be heard in the distance. Also our whimpers and screams. We run towards the forest before a bloodcurdling yelp could be heard. i turn my floofy head and look at harrison.

his left leg has been shot twice.

'holy! harrison, are you ok!?'

he only let out a painful whimper.

'preston and nikki, run towards the sleepy pine! i'll get harrison.'

they run into the forest, and i pick up harrison by the neck fur using my mouth. i run towards the large pine tree, nearly falling into the crevice jasper fell into. i see the tree and run for it. preston and nikki were already there and safe. the gunshots have stopped and it was safe to go.

'are you guys alright?'
'only a couple scratches, but nothing too serious. what about harrison? will he be ok?'
'i'm not sure. he's losing quite a bit of blood, so we have to hurry to the camp. it's night, so everyone is asleep. i need you two to get the bandages in the mess hall. got that?'

they nod and we start running towards the camp, all of us worrying about the poor magic monster.

hopefully he will be ok.
——————————
daniel - bold italics underlined