This Stupid Crush of Mine

•°•°• Friday, October 16, 2015

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I say as I hit myself with my Geometry book. I put my head on the table in front of me and groan. Geometry books hurt more than you would think, and I was already in pain before this!

"Babygirl? Dare? Darion? You alright?" My best friend, Blair, asks me. When I don't respond, she smacks my back. I straighten up in an instant with a small shout of pain. I glare daggers at her, but she just shrugs.

"Sorry Dare, you weren't responding," she says simply, making our other friend, Minny, laugh. Blair stands up, her mostly black hair sticking up slightly with her new, extremely short hair cut. She grabs my Geometry book and puts it in my faded bag. Minny stands up and pulls me out of my chair.

It was kind of funny, looking at the three of us: I'm about 5'5", Blair is 5', but Minny is 6'2". We all have different hair styles and colors; I'm a red-haired girl with hair that stops right above my waist, Minny has shoulder length dirty-blonde hair, and Blair has short black hair with a blue strip in her bangs. She got it cut that way right after she officially "came out of the closet". Our skin tones are different too. I'm pale; but I can tan if I want to, Blair is half Indian so she had dark skin, and Minny is so tan she looks like she is Mexican.

We may be different, but I love these girls. They're my best friends and I can tell them anything. It doesn't matter. We trust each other, one would die to save the others from the grave. But this problem is one thing I don't know if I should tell them.

"So what's the problem chick?" Minny asks, ruffling my hair. Both girls look at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. I sigh, giving in before they push me into anything.

"So umm... It's this stupid crush of mine," I say looking at two girls in front of me, who look back blankly. I sigh at them before gulping.

"I have a crush on someone. Someone I shouldn't. And I don't know what to do about it," I stated slowly, avioding eye contact with my best friends.

"WHO?" Both girls shout loudly grabbing me. I look at them almost in fright before casting my eyes downwards. I muttered the name under my breath, but neither one caught it. I took a deep breath before looking up again and repeating the name.

"Rico."

Minny let's go of me and just stares in shock. Blair squeals loudly, totally out of character. They look at each other, then back at me. Blair gets this really creepy smile on her face, while Minny just looks shocked at what was said. I can understand why.

I just admitted to crushing on my best friend.