lily

5: lily

some cute dulum :) thanks to the lovely hemmotions96

this chapter is crap, im so so sorry 🙃🙃

dustin's pov

"Luke! Lily's here!" I yelled into the house as I got a text from Lily. My heart was racing and I had no idea what to expect when I saw her. I had never felt this way, I had never been so nervous. It wasn't a good kind of nervous.

"Gimme a second!" Luke yelled back, but I wished he'd come quick. I didn't want to walk out without him, but I knew I would have to.

"Thank you both for having us," I said, turning toward Lana's parents with a smile on my face. "Us boys are very grateful for you."

"Anytime, it's the least we could do," Pam said, smiling at Calum and I as we moved closer toward the door. "We'll walk you out, Luke and Lana will be out soon."

"Thanks, Mrs. Walter," All of us, including Amie and Nate, started walking toward the front door. I got to it first, and slowly opened the door as I took a deep breath in. As I took a step outside, I looked down the driveway to see Lily pop out of from behind my, surprisingly not crashed, car. Her bright, auburn hair shined in the sunlight and I couldn't help but to smile at her as her eyes met mine. She waved frantically and I waved back as I continued to walk to my car. I turned to glance back at Calum, but as I looked back toward Lily, she placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled me down to her height before kissing me abruptly.

Completely caught off guard, I kissed back.

"Oh, wow," I said, pulling away as I realized what had happened. "Hey."

"Hey, baby," she said, smiling up at me and tugging on the sides of my shirt as she pulled me close. "I missed you," Lily stepped up on her tiptoes and pecked my lips before pulling away with her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"Yeah... I- uh, I missed you," I said, my voice shaky as I tried remain calm. I looked back to find Calum, but after searching for him, I saw the back of his head going back into the house. I sighed quietly before looking back at Lily and forcing a smile. "I should help with the bags."

"Not so fast," Lily said before engulfing me into a hug. "Can you act like you missed me, just a little bit?" She laughed quietly against my chest and I closed my eyes as I continued to keep myself contained. I was upset with Lily, for being so abrupt and brash with her feelings.

"Where's Cal?" I heard Luke ask, and glanced over my shoulder to see him just outside the front door. I noticed Lana's dad and Nate helping with bags, and wished I was taking care of it, not wanting to burden them.