lily makes breakfast

8: lily makes breakfast

i love dulum !!1!1!1!1!!! ^^

calum's pov

I woke up with a major headache and as I struggled to open my eyes, I decided I had never had a worse night's sleep.

According to Dustin, things with Lily were settled, but I already knew the next couple days with her here would not be great for me.

Luke had gone to bed early, and angry, which was never a good thing; I knew I would need to talk to him, even if it wasn't my fault. Luke was stubborn and would never forgive anyone on his own, but he was always easy to get a laugh out of.

I laid in bed for a couple minutes, scrolling through various social media, but it only caused me to feel restless. It also furthered the intensity of my headache. I decided it was time to get up, so I rolled out of bed and stretched my back as I walked toward the bedroom door. I scratched the back of my head as I opened my door and squinted as a brighter light greeted me. I stumbled to the kitchen and started looking through the cabinets and drawers, hoping I would find some medicine.

"Does Dustin know you're a burglar, or?" I jumped at the sound of a female voice, and I held my chest as I looked toward the doorway to see Lily.

"No... I like to keep it a secret," Lily's shoulders shrugged and she walked further into the room.

"You could at least have the decency to put a shirt on," Lily commented, causing me to look down at my bare chest, and then back up at her with a smirk on my face. Her eyes rolled and I laughed quietly, liking that I had the ability to get on her nerves.

"Do you know where the ibuprofen would be?" I asked and Lily quietly laughed to herself as she walked over to the pantry in the kitchen.

"It's used pretty frequently," Lily said, opening the door and stepping into the small room. She stood on her tiptoes to reach for something and brought down a small basket of different types of medicine and vitamins. She carried it to the island and set it down before pushing it toward me. "I hope this isn't out of bounds to say, but Dustin's mom is really into vitamins and he has to take certain ones because, if he doesn't, he gets into a mood and his face sort of breaks out sometimes. He forgets to take them a lot, so I usually got them ready for him... but not always, he remembers sometimes..." I stared at Lily as she started to give me some insight and she slowly looked up to see my look. "Sorry."

"No, that's okay. I'm sure he'd appreciate it," I said, not really knowing what to say. She didn't seem to like that response, however, and her eyes rolled... again.

"Pick your poison," she said, gesturing toward the basket before walking away and toward the fridge. I sighed as I glanced over at her, and I bit my lip as I looked down at the basket.