"are you sure you're the rebound guy?"

1: are you sure you're the rebound guy?

calum's pov

The night had gone really well. Luke and I showed Dustin and Lana a lot of places, but only the ones we thought were relevant or worth seeing. We had decided to go play some soccer before going out somewhere, and we had played a full game with Luke, Michael, and I going against Dustin, Ashton and Lana.

How Dustin's team won, I'm not entirely sure. He was a really good player—I guess I hadn't given him enough credit.

Lana most definitely cheated by distracting Luke when Dustin was kicking the scoring goal, but I wasn't even mad about it. It's Luke's fault for being too easy.

As they won the game, I watched Lana run all the way to Dustin, cheering loudly. She wrapped her arms around him when she got to him and he picked her up swiftly as he spun her around. Before Dustin could set Lana down, he tripped over his own feet and fell, causing Lana to fall down beside him. They both began to laugh and we all walked around the two of them.

"You guys cheated," Luke said as he brought his arms up to his chest and crossed them. I sent him an annoyed stare and slowly started to shake my head.

"It's your fault for getting distracted," I told him before lightly smacking Luke's shoulder with the back of my hand. Luke smacked me back and just as I smacked him again, Lana interrupted us.

"Stop it, both of you," Lana said, nudging Luke's leg with her foot. A phone started ringing and a couple seconds later, Luke pulled out his phone, answered, and slowly started to walk away.

I walked forward and held out my hand to Dustin, just as Michael did. He took both of our hands and we pulled him off the ground. The three of this walked over to Ashton, who was standing above Lana, and easily pulled her off the ground.

"Lana, is Luke gonna let you come out for a drink with us?" Ashton asked as we started to walk away from the field, and to our stuff. Lana laughed lightly, but shook her head. I was walking beside of Dustin, and looking over at Lana as she talked.

"Well, he's letting me. I'm just choosing not to. You guys can have Luke tonight, I don't mind." I looked over at Dustin and watched as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, you're not coming?" he asked Lana and she shook her head as she looked over at him. "Oh... I didn't know that. Calum, maybe I shouldn't go... I could stay with Lana." I looked away from Dustin quickly as my eyes widened and I wondered what he meant by that, and why he had decided to say it with Michael and Ashton around. I tried to think of how to reply, but Dustin continued talking. "What do you guys think...?" His tone was awkward and I could tell he was trying to cover up his unsubtle remark.

It's cute he thought he'd need to stay with Lana so I could hang out with the guys before leaving.

"Dustin, please, you're one of us now," Michael said and I looked over to see his arm around Dustin's shoulder. I could easily see the look of regret on Dustin's face and made a mental note to give him a hard time about all of this. "Just because you're not an original member of our group, doesn't mean you haven't been accepted. Isn't that right, Calum?" I looked over at Michael and wondered what he was getting at. He couldn't have known, could he? He never picks up on details... or maybe I'm the one who never picks up on details. Michael had a sly smile on his face, and I wanted to make sure he didn't get what he wanted.