Evelyn

Evelyn. She was...an interesting story. We met in year 5, when she moved to our school from somewhere across the country. We very quickly became close friends, but nothing ever intimate. She was like a sister to me. Issac wasn't really into having many friends, but he made friends with her soon enough. The three of us went to high school together. The three musketeers.

She never talked much about her life. She rarely spoke about what happened at home, or with her family. Like Issac, she came to my place more often than hers. The three of us were very close as school went on, so I always tried to ask how life was at home. She usually started with something, then changed the subject the moment she realized we were listening.

As I explained, Eve and Issac fell in love around year 11. I guess it was something they always had, but rather they chose to ignore it. She told me one night that all she wanted for him was him to be happy. When she found out he was committing crimes, and hanging around people from the wrong crowd, she tried her hardest to stop him. That's why he loved her.

Despite all of this, I still found out about her family. One night, just after we finished school, we were having a drink. Well, lets just say she had a little too much, and then the truth came spilling out...

She told us about her parents. They had been divorced for several years, most likely it all started in year 8, although she never specified.

Now, Eve and Issac have moved out. They both need the money as a couple, and I guess she just needs the money to survive....