Part 2

5 Years Later

(Naruto is 8 and Kira is 10)

"Come on Kira! You're so slow." Said Naruto.

"Why bother." I said. He just deadpanned at my answer.

"Taking the slow path is more fun and relaxing." I say. Naruto slows down and walks in line with me, enjoying the forest surrounding us.

"I'm glad you decided to take off your henge. You look way different when you show your true age." He said. I just smiled and laughed at the boys enthusiasm.

"We're going to be reaching the Village Hidden in the Leaves soon, Naruto. Are you sure you want to do this. We can always go back." I say, concern evident in my voice.

"You worry to much! I'm gonna be fine. I can't wait till we get there. I can finally be in my home village again!" He said, excitement clear in his voice.

"And! I get to go to academy! A real live school with people my age!" He exclaimed.

"I'm only 2 years older than you..." I mutter.

"Well, most of the time you look like you're 30. But now that you are older, will you finally drop your henge completely!" He pleaded.

"Maybe." I said, teasing him.

The rest of the way we walk in silence. He and I are lost in our own thoughts.  Naruto wants to roll into the academy, even though he is now an SS class shinobi. He could easily beat anyone who came into contact with him, excluding me and maybe Madara. I have given him immortality. That means he could jump to any age in his lifeline and stay that way and keep on changing. It also means if he was hurt, it would heal him. But since Naruto and I have very fast healing capabilities and very powerful tailed beasts inside of us, that part of the immortality doesn't affect us. The immortality heals and regenerates your body and chakra reserves. It also gives you close to unlimited chakra and chakra control. Basically, you can't die and you become very powerful.

Since Naruto wants to join the academy, I told him he need to hide all of his power and chakra and only show the tiniest bit. But even that tiny bit could rival high Chunnin-level people. He once asked why and I said that if people see us as a threat, they become very mean and nasty. Even though we can slaughter all these people in a blink of an eye, we don't because we don't want to hurt people or kill them. After I explained that he understood immediately why he has to do what he has to do.

I was shaken up from my thinking trance by Naruto looking very excited. He pointed over yo the gates of Konoha, mouthing 'we are hear'. I nodded and quickly did the hand signs for the invisibility jutsu. Even though I said I would stop putting up a henge, I told Naruto that I didn't want anyone to know or see me. He just looked at me like I'm weird and then shrugged it off. He'd known me long enough to know I have weird quirks.

As Naruto reached the gate, I stood in a tree and watched Naruto give registration papers to the guards. These registration were special though because they led him to the Hokage himself, instead of waiting weeks like everyone else to get there papers processed. Another two guards showed up to escort Naruto to the Hokage. I quickly transform into a crow and then proceed to land on Naruto's shoulder. The guards looked surprised and got into fighting stance. At least they're sharp.

"Relax. This here is Kira and he is my crow comrade." Naruto said in an even voice. They relaxed again and continued there journey to the Hokage's office. We make it there in no time and we're told to wait as the Chunnin-level shinobi went to alert the Hokage of our presence. Naruto then stroked my crow head while placing me on his wrist rather than shoulder. He smiled at me and I cawed softly back to him. He then placed me back on his shoulder as we were called in to the Hokage's office. The shinobi that escorted us here left and we were alone with the Hokage.

"Who are you and how do you have these forms?" The Hokage asked. I cawed in a laughing matter while Naruto let out a chuckle. The old man looked at me for a second before returning his attention to Naruto.

"You've forgotten me already old man! Now that's hurtful. My name is Naruto. Uzumaki Naruto." Naruto said as I nipped at his ear.

"N-Naruto? Is it really you!" The old man asked, looking totally confused.

"Yes, it is me. Sorry for taking off all of a sudden. Were you worried?" Naruto asked.

"Was I worried? Of course I was worried! I thought you had died or someone kidnapped you. What happened Naruto. Are you alright." The old man said, looking exasperated. I snuggled into Naruto's shoulders as I watched the scene unfold before me.

"Nothing like that happened. I left on my own because I couldn't take being in this village anymore. And what happened after I left isn't that important. What's important now is that I'm back and I want to live here again and enroll into the academy. So I would appreciate it if you would respect my wishes and ask no more." Naruto said in a calm and collected tone, sounding very mature.

"As you wish Naruto. I'm just glad that you're back and fine. The only apartment that's available is in the Red District but-" Naruto cut him off there.

"That's perfect old man!" Naruto said.  I could tell Naruto was excited and nervous at the same time and to be honest, so was I. Maybe we could settle down here I thought. Live a real life.

As Naruto was about to leave, the old man called him back to ask a question.

"What's that crow doing on your shoulder?" The Hokage asked. Naruto looked at me and I cawed. I then nipped at his ear causing him to laugh.

"Oh, right. This here is Kira. My crow comrade. You could say I picked him up on one of my travels. I have learned a lot while I was away. But Kira and I have been together ever since we met." Naruto said in a soulful way. I cawed softly and nestled his face. The old man then smiled at us and told us we were dismissed. He then yelled out, "I enrolled you into the academy. It starts tomorrow!"