Chapter Nine

"Well, period, at least you're useful for something," I carefully unwrap the tampon and push the cotton part out of the plastic. I put the key in the opening of the wrapper and I put the plastic back in along with it so the wrapper can remain in shape. I use the blow dryer to shut the wrapper back together, and I place it in the box of tampons. It's not hard to make out which is the one containing the key. The end of it is slightly melted from the blow dryer, but only noticeable if closely inspected.

As soon as I shut the cabinet, there's knocking on my door. "Come back later!" I shout to the maid.

"Not housekeeping, Miss," replies a feminine voice. I assume it's Lily's messenger, and I hurry to the door.

I open the door, "just tell Lil-" I pause as I realize it's not a maid.

"Excuse me?" the girl raises her brow.

I clear my throat, "Oh, uh, nothing," I awkwardly look down at my feet. "Who are you?"

"Alpha has asked me to escort you to the mall. You need clothes other than a maid dress. It's caused quite the trouble for you," she informs.

"Damien? Well, you can go tell him he can screw himself," I hiss.

"Luna, I-"

"Don't Luna me. What, is he finally telling everyone who I am now?" I cross my arms.

"Only the guard staff, Miss," she confesses.

"I'm not going shopping. You can tell him that he better make time for me or I will wreak havoc all over this place," I threaten. The guard adjusts her tie awkwardly. "Where's Lane? I'll go with him."

"He'll no longer be working with you, Miss."

"And why the hell not? He's the only one in this entire place I tolerate."

"A-Alpha's orders," she stutters.

"Well, tell Alpha-"

"Tell Alpha what?" A deep voice approaching barges in. I look up and meet the familiar, crystal blue eyes of Damien.

"It's about damn time," I frown.

"Alena, my office, now," he orders. His deep growl turns me on slightly. I cock an eyebrow and remain in place. The guard steps away slightly.

"You're not going to tell me what to do," I shrug. Damien closes his eyes and inhales deeply.

"Alena..." He finally stops. "Okay, I'm sorry. Will you please come to my office now?"

I feel superior having him submit to me, and I try to ignore my conflicting emotions of heartbreak and betrayal. Getting to him was my mission, and now it's happened. "Okay," I give in and unfold my arms.

"Let's go," he points to the elevator and I walk toward it. I can hear his footsteps behind me, and yesterday's events replay in my head.

Princess. Who's Princess?

The jealousy, anger, and pain resurface. Damien closes the elevator door and proceeds to put a key in the opening, and he presses the button. Soon enough, we're going up and the numbers increase by the minute. Neither of us dare to say anything.

I tap my foot on the floor to the music staring at the back of Damien. My heart accelerated from our close approximatity. I hold my breath in hopes that it will slow down and he won't notice. I wish I could control my body around him. "Come," he says when the elevator dings. I see the hall has no guards and instead, there's a long corridor. The door all the way down is shut. He and I walk along the hall to the only other door to the right.