Chapter 4: Fire Dragon Iron Fist

Nashi's POV:

When I woke up this morning in the little house that my parents live in I got up and looked in the mirror. My heart sank when I remembered what happened yesterday. I can't be with him and he can't be with me. I don't even know his name! I shouldn't be this upset over a stranger, but the way he made me feel was..was. My thought was interrupted by my dad nocking on the door. I opened it and he walked in.

"So..uh..Nashi, I was wondering if you wanted to learn how to use magic today?" He asked and my face lit up.

"If course I do!" I smiled and he did too.

"Now, I don't know what kind of magic you use." Father remarked.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"What your father means is that magic is passed down from your parents. You could either have celestial spirit magic like I do, or fire dragon slayer magic like your father." She explained. "The only way to find out what magic you use is to figure it out yourself or drive down to the magic medical center and get a blood test." She added.

"Drive!? No thanks." I replied and my father's face lit up as he jumped off the bed and grabbed my mom and I and squeezed us. "Huh? Why the sudden happiness."

"You have my magic!" He squealed!

"What!? How do you know!?" I asked.

"You have bad motion sickness where every time you get in a moving vehicle it makes you sick right!?" He smiled and my jaw dropped.

"How do you know that!?" I asked.

"Dragon slayers get sick!" He answered.

"Wait, does that mean that you get sick too!?" I asked excited that for once people are like me.

"Oh yeah, he gets sick alright!" Mom chuckled.

"So, you want to go train?" Dad asked excitedly.

"Let's go!" I yelled excitedly.

***

Dad had taken me out to the woods where we could train. He said that dragon slayer magic was old and not many people used it. He told me about how he learned how to use it and about getting raised by a dragon! We reached a large clearing in the woods where he said he used to train with Happy his best friend who also just happened to be a talking flying cat.

"Speaking of Happy! His wife Carla is about to have a kitten and they said that you could take care of it like they were taken care of by Wendy and I!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Really!? That's so cool!" I remarked.

"Okay, training." He said getting back on topic. The wooded area around us was chard around the edges which made me laugh. "So, I'll start with the basics. "Fire dragon's physique!" He added excitedly.

"Okay, what's that?" I asked and he smiled.

"Well, they're pretty basic fire dragon slayer techniques. In order to go on jobs and fight, these spells are a necessity." He answered. "We'll start with 'fire dragon's iron fist!' first!'' He explained as he pulled out a funny looking punching bag that looked like a goofy block of ice. I chuckled and smirked. "Okay, here's how it's done." Father took a deep breath and scrunched his hand into a fist. "Fire dragon's iron fist!" He yelled as his fist was engulfed in flames. He lunged forwards and punched the ice looking bag. The bag flew backwards and slammed into a tree.

"Woah! That. Was. Cool!" I yelled as I jumped up and down. He turned to me and grinned.

"Now it's your turn!" Father exclaimed excitedly. My smile faded.