Prologue

Part One: The Calling

“You who swallowed an angel’s heart, your power shall soon belong to me”

•Prologue•

          The edge of the man’s cape dragged along the ground as he made his way through a dark and unknown alley. The edge of his hood covered half of his face, so that only his mouth was visible.

          He finally stopped at a wooden door. An ancient door made of mahogany and silver. He took hold of the wolf’s head knocker and tapped it three sharp times. A pair of emerald colored eyes appeared in the eye slot and it shut again. The door swung open to reveal a tall medium built man who seemed young, with black hair and a thin face which defined his cheek bones defiantly.

“Caspar, what on earth are you doing here?” the man inquired.

Caspar’s mouth formed a smirk as he entered into the house.

“Is that how you greet an old friend Remel?” he scoffed.

“Caspar, you know better than me that now is not the time to be making friendly calls, especially in Germany. I hope you covered yourself before you came here, whatever your reason to be here,” he waved a hand and lit the fire which was simmering in the fire place. “We wouldn’t want the most powerful warlock to be locked up in a concentration camp.” He turned to Caspar, motioning him to sit down.

Caspar pulled back his hood, revealing a mop of bleached blonde hair, the face of a twenty year old young man, which was defined by a pair of amber colored eyes. He took the seat Remel had offered.

“I didn’t come here on my own purpose. You summoned me. Not just anyone summons me, Remel.” He clasped his hands together and rested his chin against them, closing his eyes.

Remel gave a slight chuckled, “Just checking,” he went serious again, “It’s been six years, Caspar, the warlock boy is dying. You know of whom I speak. Soon enough, The Knight will be looking for you to help him, and when he does you will have no choice but to help him.” His tone was deadly as he gazed at Caspar who sat across from him.

Caspar’s eyes opened in a flash of red and gold.

“Why should I help him?” he stated bluntly. “The Knight doesn’t know me, he doesn’t even know himself. The boy doesn’t know me either. Remel, this war is human it is the holy creatures’ job to protect them. This fight is theirs, not ours.” He waited for the shape shifter’s reply but it did not come. Caspar leaned back in his seat, a crooked and devilish smile played on his lips. “Are you suggesting that he is to my liking? Your silence makes me wonder what puzzle is being solved up in that head of yours.”

This time, Remel spoke; he spoke with confidence and with bargain in his voice.

“Firstly, Eric is of interesting physicality. Of what I’ve seen, I believe his eyes are the best part.” Caspar said nothing yet, only waited. “As for Christopher, he is none of your concern, whether he knows what he can do or what his faith is, it does not matter to you. Lastly,” Remel looked at the warlock with severity. “Adolf Hitler is the human’s problem. You are right there. But, there is someone else involved in this war, someone, in fact, that you know extremely well. She, is of our concern, she helps Hitler in achieving his plans. She helps, but with disguise. She is a man; those who have seen her say she has eyes blue like crystal and skin of porcelain but her stare is as deadly as ever. You show her any emotion, any sign of doubt, she leaves you faceless.”

The tabby cat which was sleeping comfortably on the arm chair closest to the fire got up and yawned, and jumped onto Remel’s lap.  

“One who can change and steal faces at will, and kill for pleasure,” before continuing, he lifted the cat off of his knees to get up and poke the fire to bring it to life a bit. There was a noise which made Caspar jump up and shoot purple flames at the front door, but the person was already gone.

The two men stood in silent; watching each window to see if the spy would return, until Caspar spoke one last time.

“So, my beloved sister is back from the dead? How exciting.”

And with that, the warlock vanished in purple flames.