Admin X Reader: Uninvited Guest

This was requested by the awesome WATCHA_GONNA_SAY! This was so much fun to do :D thank you so much for requesting my dude! :3 

Also just a little side note just want to let you know I do write nsfw *winkwinknudgenudge* so if you do want to request it feel free to message me with the details and I'll get right to it ;3

thank you for reading!

- Ghost

The light reflecting from your computer screen shone obnoxiously as you scrutinised the screen, your eyes struggling to keep a consistent focus on the words that danced across your view as your fingers tampered with the keyboard, fumbling every once in awhile every time you made an error however you were always quick to correct your mistake before going right back to work.

You'd lost count of how long you'd been working for, the original time you'd set yourself dissolving into the late hours of the night and yet here you still were, working tirelessly in an attempt to get ahead on all of your work so you wouldn't have to worry about it for the upcoming weeks; you were already beginning to regret your decision though - your eyes felt heavy and your hands ached and twinged occasionally as if your body was trying to convince you to step away from your task, and yet even so you were far too stubborn to call it a night now, not when you were so close to finally completing your work, you were set on finishing it even if you had to work into the early morning to get it done. With that being said however that didn't mean you weren't tempted to take a break and with the minutes growing more and more tedious you found your attention wavering, your gaze flickering to things just out of your field of vision in an attempt to regather your bearings.

This only lasted for a few more gruelling minutes before you couldn't take it anymore and your head shot back to the screen, casting your work one last sour look before you finally relented; with a groan you shook your head and ran your hands through your hair, trying to fix the dishevelled locks as you pushed the chair away from your desk and stood up, feeling your muscles ache in resistance from the lack of movement as you trudged over to the doorway and slipped into the bathroom. You didn't bother to turn the light on knowing the room like the back of your hand and you found yourself stood before the sink in mere moments as your hand reached out to grab the plastic cup on the side, bringing it down the the tap as you turned on the faucet. The water gurgled as it filled the cup, sloshing and swirling hypnotically and the sound proved a comforting respite after god knows how long of furious key tapping, however it didn't last long as you soon turned the faucet back off before it overflowed and brought the cup up to your lips.

You downed it in one swift movement, sighing satisfied as you slammed it back down onto the sink's edge with a huff and stretched, feeling your joints pop in an attempt to relieve the wound-up pressure building up in your shoulders as your posture went lax in reaction; whilst it was only a brief comfort it was very much welcome, however the comfort soon vanished as your gaze shifted from the bathroom counter to the mirror above it. Even with the lights off you could still make out your appearance in the reflection and boy had you seen better days - your hair was untamable and your face clearly showed signs of sleep (or lack thereof) only further heightened by your unamused glare topping off the look. You stared for a little longer than you would've liked (a few seconds far too long), noting your tiredness and regarding it with a sour pout as you contemplated staying where you were for the time being or forcing yourself to get back to work, however it seemed that the decision was made for you as you heard the sound of movement from beyond the bathroom door.

It was brief, lasting no longer than a few seconds but even in your current state you managed to catch it and you immediately perked up, attention snapping over to the door leading into your bedroom as you felt apprehension beginning to well up in your chest. There was nothing there that could have naturally caused that noise not even if something had accidentally fallen over and that fact alone made you alert and on edge, your entire posture growing tense as your mind immediately scanned the room around you for some form of weapon.