2

As soon as school ended, Jesslyn and I dashed and zoomed out of the school in haste with her car. I was thankful that Jesslyn was willing to pick me up every morning before going to school and would sometimes drop me off at my apartment's building. She knew perfectly that I hated driving ever since that incident. The drive from school to my apartment wasn't far, it only took us about ten minutes. As usual, I thanked Jesslyn for the ride and went up with the renovated elevator. I was drained. My backpack that was slung over my shoulder felt like a huge rock. I took out the card that acts as a key to my home and it didn't take me long to enter my apartment. Well it isn't fully mine but as my pain-in-the-ass sister was away for college, this place was a hundred percent mine for the time being. I immediately took a right turn to enter my room. I placed my school bag on the floor, next to the wooden white door.

I decided to have an early shower and binge watch while waiting for Jax to somehow arrive at my doorstep. I slid the door of my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black joggers and a white cropped tee. Next, I blasted music on the bluetooth speaker before heading to the bathroom. The moment I was done showering, I headed to the small kitchen, opening up the fridge while I was trying to think of something that I could cook easily. This was actually one of the disadvantages of not having Bailey around even though we hated each other's guts. Bailey's the type of person who would still cook for anyone even though she dislikes the person and her cookings are to die for. I realized that I literally only had fruits in my fridge and went over to the top shelf, where I took out the last pack of instant mac and cheese. I really need to shop my groceries. Soon, I found myself sitting on the comfortable cushioned sofa that was located across the television and streamed a bunch of Sherlock Holmes episodes. I could not be bothered to check my phone and left it charging in my room, it wasn't like something important would come up anyways.

In the middle of the third episode that I was watching for the day, someone knocked on my door. I totally lost track of time and the fact that Jax was going to pick me up slipped my mind. I was so immersed on watching. I grabbed the plastic container that was once filled with mac and cheese and threw it to the trash can before heading towards the light gray entrance door. I looked into the peephole, only to find the infamous notorious bad boy of my school standing on my doorstep, before opening the door awkwardly. Jax was wearing a black hoodie paired up with black jeans and a pair of running shoes. Jax's outfit reminded me of him.

"Hi." I greeted, "Wanna come in?"

"Yeah sure." He replied and I stepped aside, making way for him to enter, "Is your phone broken or something?"

Right.

"It's charging." I replied flatly before adding, "In my room."

Jax made a weird face but I couldn't be bothered.

"So what are you planning to do tonight for the project?" I asked.

"There's this place that would be great for us to take some videos."

"And where is that place?"

"It's actually not really far from here, so if you don't want to come home late and make your parents mad, we better get going now."

The word parents made my heart ache for a split second but I really could not blame him for not knowing.

"What's the name of the place again?"

"Why are you asking these kind of questions?" He shot back, "It's not like I'm going to kill you."

I could feel my walls getting higher, "What's wrong with me asking? I have a right to know anyways." I countered as I turned off the television.

Jax sighed in annoyance but I felt no guilt. What I said was right.

"We're going to the car junkyard." He stated.

"Are we even allowed to go there?" I asked as my breath hitched.

"Of course not," He replied flatly, "We're gonna break in, so we better go now before your parents freak out that their little princess is gone and just broke into a junkyard." He joked.

And that was the last straw.

"My parents are dead," I said fiercely, "So drop the fucking talk about my parents freaking out and all that shit."

My blood was boiling and I went into my room in haste. I unplugged my phone from the charger and grabbed my earphones and a bobby pin. Jax was still there as I appeared into the view once more, he did not even move an inch.

"Sky. I'm-" He started.

I was already fed up with all the apologies and deepest condolences that everyone around me gave to me and my sister.

"Cut the crap." I interrupted, "Let's just go."