Look alive, sunshine.

After talking with Niall, the others had to go back to their own places. I sighed with content as I walked into the living room where Harry and Lou were chatting. "Boys, I'm heading to bed," I announced. "Oh, and thank you for tonight. It was nice," I smiled.

"No problem, love. We need to take you to a proper club soon! 'Tear up the floor' and whatnot," Louis winked.

I giggled. "That was lame. Good night." Harry was strangely quiet, not even cracking a smile. Weird. I had just gotten into bed wirh my laptop when somebody knocked on my door.

"Come in," I called.

"Hi." Harry shuffled over to my side of the bed and sat down on the floor.

I tapped away at the keys, trying to distract myself from his beauty. I was confused as to what he was doing there. "What's up, Styles?"

"What were you and Niall talking about?" His puzzlingly green eyes met mine in the low light. Oh, that. I took a deep breath to try and not pass out.

I crossed my arms. "Nothing really, he's taking me to breakfast tomorrow." I turned back to the screen.

"Why?" His voice was suddenly harsh, and I shut the screen and twisted my body to face him.

"He likes breakfast, I like breakfast. We're practically soul mates," I said jokingly. Something was definitely wrong.

"Well I don't like it," Harry grumbled, his eyes piercing mine.

"Yeah, well, you're not my dad, so."

"Why are you going out with him?"

I scoffed, and he pressed his lips together in a hard line. He was actually angry at me?

"It's just breakfast, Harry," I whispered. "What's the harm in that?"

And then he was suddenly inches from my face. His eyes took in my features, tucking a stay lock of hair behind my ear. "I know Niall, and he won't be wanting 'just breakfast' for very long," he murmured, tracing a finger down my temple.

I narrowed my eyes at him, glancing at his lips and trying desperately to not lean in right there. "Why do you care so much?" I whispered, and he backed away, putting his hands in his hair.

"Never mind, it's not important. Have fun on your date." I wasn't stupid. I knew he was upset.

"Harry..."

"Goodnight, Addison."

He closed the door hard behind him; so much so that I jumped at the sudden noise. I stared at the closed door for a while. Why had he reacted so negatively? It's not like I was his property or anything. I could go out with whoever I wanted. It wasn't his decision. I sighed loudly, and turned away from where the confusing curly headed boy had left.

The next morning, I was up bright and early for my breakfast date with Niall. The only awkward part was having to wake one of the boys up so I could use their shower. Why the guest bedroom didn't have one, I had no idea. Asking Harry was decidedly out of the question after our little argument last night. So, I shook Louis softly. "Hey Lou, sorry, but can I use your shower?"

He groaned in response, pulling the covers over his head. I took that as a yes. After I was finished, I changed into my favorite black skinny jeans and a tribal patterned black sweater, and did my normal makeup routine.

Pulling on my beat up boots, I was ready. I waltzed into the kitchen where I was surprised to find a very disgruntled-looking Harry putting the kettle on. He glanced at me for a moment before turning back to the teapot.

"Up early, I see."

He didn't respond, and just looked sullenly at the nearly boiling water. "You're seriously not going to talk to me?" I asked incredulously.

He turned to look at me, but still refused to say anything. "Wow, you're really mature," I mumbled, turning away. He poured himself a cup, and quickly brushed past me and into the living room. I continued to stare after him, completely infuriated.

As if it couldn't have gotten any more uncomfortable, there was a knock on the door. And that could only be one person: Niall. I tried to run to answer the door, but Harry beat me to it. "Harry, mate, you're up early!" Niall was obviously completely oblivious to what was going on between us.

When he saw me, a huge smile spread across his face. Harry decided to turn around and glare at me from the doorway. "Hey! I hope you're hungry," Niall said cheerfully.

I walked over to the blonde haired boy, practically pushing Harry out of the way. He didn't protest; he just plopped back down on the couch. "I am starving!"

"Great!" Niall took my hand, and led me out of the apartment. But not before the curly headed boy had time to shoot us daggers from where he sat. Jeez, this kid had it in for me.

"Zayn once poured an entire carton of milk on Liam's head, and Liam got so mad he locked him outside with all the fans. He was absolutely terrified when we finally let him back in, and his clothes were nearly gone!" I was once again cracking up at the shenanigans Niall was telling me.

"That's so awful! Poor Zayn," I continued to laugh until we got to the front door of Harry and Louis's apartment.

"This was really fun, Niall. Thank you for everything," I smiled.

"Anytime, babe," he returned the smile, leaning in and kissing me on the cheek. But, what I realized was that the feelings I had for him felt more...friendly than the ones I had for Harry.

"See you later probably," he waved, chuckling. I opened the door to the apartment cautiously.

"Boys?" I called. No answer. "Louis? Harry?"

I could hear muffled voices talking rather loudly in Harry's bedroom. I walked into the hallway to get a better listen. I pressed my ear against the door, straining to hear the conversation. "I don't care if he likes her, Lou, honestly."

"Now that's a fat pile of rubbish and you know it. I heard you two arguing last night, I'm not deaf."

Harry paused before continuing, but quieter. "Okay, I'm a bit jealous. But I just don't want her to get hurt. You know how Niall is."

"You're right, but she's probably pissed at you for going completely mental last night," Louis pointed out.

"Yeah, I was a dick," Harry admitted.

"But hey, listen mate, she seems like she likes you, so don't lose hope."

Oh Louis, how right you were.

"Thanks, Lou, I don't know what I'd do without you." I heard them hugging, and then a jiggle of a door handle. I sprinted as fast as I could to the kitchen, pretending I didn't just hear the conversation between the two best friends.

I was casually drinking a glass of water when Louis burst through the swinging kitchen door, and plopped down in of the chairs. "Hey, when did you get home?"

"Just now, actually," I lied, looking away.

"And how was it?" He pressed.

I laughed at him. "It was alright, I guess."

Just then, Harry walked in, sulking as much as ever. "Oh, would you look at the time!" Louis sprung up from his seat. "I have to go...walk the cat."

"Lou, we don't have a cat," Harry spoke up for the first time that day.

"Uh," Louis thought for a moment. "Well, we should get one. I'm going to do that now..."

And with that, he walked out of the apartment, leaving me completely alone with Harry.